Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Yu-Gi-Oh! DF Special #1: Of Life and Fate - Chapter Five

And the special concludes! I know I said that these specials are cannon, and then posted one which has no real relevance to my overall story. I promise that future specials will tie in more to everything else.
  

Chapter Five

The Battle Concludes


“My turn begins with the Spell card ‘Spirit Bounty’,” the dragon announced. “I remove ‘Blue Spirit Wyvern’ from play to draw three cards from my deck.”

He pulled his cards and said, “Activate ‘Spirit Reborn’, reviving one “Spirit” monster from my Graveyard and then dealing you one hundred damage for every card left in my Graveyard with “Spirit” in its name.” The golden spirit form of ‘Golden Spirit Phoenix’ appeared again in a flash of rainbow light, and its eyes flashed red. I was wreathed in a red light that drained away two hundred of my Life Points before fading away (2400-200=2200). The ‘Phoenix’ shed her spirit form (DEF: 1900).

“Next I remove two Beast monsters in my deck from play to lower the level of ‘Red Spirit Lupo’ in my hand by two to four, and summon him,” the dragon declared, “and because one of the Beasts that I removed was ‘White Spirit Leo’, he’s summoned at the end of the turn.” A white energy ball appeared at ‘Dracon’’s side and a red beast-shaped form appeared ahead of him, becoming a black wolf with red eyes and red auras around his paws (ATK: 2300).

“‘Red Spirit Lupo’,” the dragon commanded, “destroy ‘Yang, Fearless Warrior’ with Spirit Fang!”

‘Lupo’ bit down, releasing a set of red energy fangs that flew toward my monster. The fangs hit, tearing my monster to pieces (2200+1600-2300=1500).

“Reveal,” I countered, “the Trap card ‘Meditation’, adding ‘Ancient Yang Dragon’ in my deck to my hand.”

A card slid from my deck and I placed it in my hand.

“I end my turn,” the dragon announced. He was confident, and he had good reason to be. I had a plan, but the way things were going, even if my luck was good, it would be tough to pull off.

“Because my turn’s over,” the dragon explained, “my ‘White Spirit Leo’ is summoned to the field as well.”

The mass of white energy took on the form of a white lion with wings. The lion let out a roar (ATK: 2200).

“This is far from over ‘Dracon’,” I said. “I summon ‘Yin, Apprentice Magician’, and I activate the Spell card ‘Spiritual Promotion’, discarding ‘Ness, Protector of Heaven’ and ‘Arian, Protector of Demise’ to transform ‘Yin, Apprentice Magician’ into ‘Ancient Yin Dragon’!”

‘Yin’ glowed bright white and changed into a large brilliant white dragon (DEF: 3000). He looked down at me and spoke, “Be careful. Things are about to get worse.”

“I know,” I said. Then to ‘Dracon’ I said, “I chain the Continuous Trap ‘Ancient Blast’. You take damage equal to the number of cards that I discarded from my deck times three hundred (3200-600=2600). Now I set a card and end my turn, discarding ‘Shao, Keeper of Rage’ from my deck to keep ‘Yin’ on the field, and to deal you three hundred more damage (2600-300=2300).

“Sorry,” said ‘Dracon’, “but that won’t be enough. I set a card, and since I have the Red Spirit, the White Spirit, and the Golden Spirit on the field all at once I can combine them to summon forth my true form!” The three “Spirits” returned to their energy forms and flew up into the dark cloud overhead. From the cloud descended a massive one-hundred-yard-long serpentine dragon with green-gold scales, long strands of green hair coming off of the back of its head, and broad wings with white feathers (ATK: 3700).

“I have finally arrived!” the massive dragon said excitedly. “Now nothing can stop me!”

He opened his mouth and laughed. It sounded like a grumbling roar. “Did you miss me ‘Yin’?” he asked. My dragon looked him in the eyes and said, “You’d be amazed by just how much I didn’t miss you ‘Dracon’.”

The dragon laughed again, “Well I missed you. I missed being able to do this. Spirit Burst Breath!”

‘Dracon’ fired a beam from his mouth straight at my dragon. “Sorry ‘Dracon’,” I said, “but I won’t let you do that!” the beam was blocked by a barrier. Behind the barrier stood three priests in blue robes. “My ‘Waboku’ Trap,” I explained, “will block your attack.”

“Only for one turn,” ‘Dracon’ said dismissively.

“One turn’s enough. Activate ‘Card of Sanctity’,” I declared, “letting us both draw until we hold six cards. Next I play the Spell card ‘Colour Burst’.”

“Chain,” said ‘Dracon’, “the Spell card ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’ to destroy the ‘Ancient Blast’ Trap.”

“I discard ‘Noya, Recurring Blessing’, ‘Last Stand’, and ‘Ancient Codex’ from my deck,” I continued, “to draw three cards from my deck and increase your Life Points by 1000 (2300+1000=3300).” I pulled three cards, and I smiled. “Sorry ‘Dracon’. You die this turn!”

“Your hand's that good?” asked ‘Yin’.

“Yeah, don’t worry, I’ve got everything under control.”

“Impossible,” said ‘Dracon’. “I’m unstoppable!”

“That’s where you’re wrong. I start out with ‘Ancient Hieroglyphic’, a Continuous Spell that allows me to treat every monster in my hand as a normal monster. This lets me play ‘Ancient Rule’ to Special Summon ‘Ancient Yang Dragon’ (ATK: 3000)!”

My second Duel Spirit, the stark black dragon, appeared at my side. “It’s about time you summoned me,” he said, “I was starting to get bored with waiting in your hand.”

“Hello ‘Yang’,” said ‘Dracon’, “isn’t this great? All of us back together again?”

‘Yang’ looked ‘Dracon’ in the eyes, “No, it’s not.”

“Alright,” I said, “time to finish this battle once and for all. Activate ‘Polymerization’, combining ‘Ancient Yin Dragon’ and ‘Ancient Yang Dragon’ into their supreme form!”

“It’s time,” said ‘Yin’.

“It’s about time!” said ‘Yang’.

The two dragons flew high into the air and in a flash they merged into a larger dragon with purple scales and large colorful wings with patterns like a butterfly’s

“Behold,” I said, “the true form of my Spirits, ‘Ancient Dragon of Life’!” The dragon landed at my side and let out an echoing roar that seemed to reverberate in all things (ATK: 2500). “While ‘Ancient Dragon of Life’ remains on the field you lose five hundred Attack, one hundred for every Warrior in my Graveyard (3700-500=3200). It’s fitting that this, your final battle, will end the same way as the first more than ten millennia ago, with you, ‘Dracon’, falling to the power of the Ultimate Ancient Dragon!”

“I still have more than enough power to destroy the ‘Ancient Dragon’,” said ‘Dracon’, sounding a bit desperate.

“Hold on ‘Dracon’,” I said, “I never said I was finished. I activate ‘Last Hope’, sacrificing ‘Nessor, Goddess of Darkness’ on hand (ATK of ‘Dracon’: 3200-100=3100) to summon ‘Aria, Goddess of Light’.” A beautiful woman in gleaming armor appeared, staff raised (DEF: 1000). I looked over at my newest monster and nodded, and she nodded back, rising into the air. She aimed her staff, and ‘Dracon’ was wreathed in light. He cried out in pain.

“While ‘Aria’ is on the field,” I explained, “all opposing monsters lose one hundred Attack times their level.”

‘Dracon’’s Attack fell further (3100-900=2200).

“No!” cried ‘Dracon’. “This can’t be! This is my last chance!”

“That’s right,” said ‘Ancient Dragon of Life’, “our pact has finally ended. You will have no more chances to gain dominance over the earth. When you die today, you will never return!

“I strike the final blow,” my dragon said. Together we called out, “Breath of Harmony!”

The dragon breathed a pulse of light that radiated multiple colors. The life and all the world around me sang its desire to see ‘Dracon’’s end, and the mighty dragon was vaporized under the power of my dragon’s attack.

“I’m still alive,” said ‘Dracon’, speaking through the human body that he possessed (LP: 3300).

“Not for long,” I said, “because I have one more card left to play!

“Activate the Spell card ‘De-Fusion’, separating ‘Ancient Dragon of Life’ into ‘Ancient Yin Dragon’ and ‘Ancient Yang Dragon’.” In a burst of rainbow-colored light the dragon separated and ‘Ancient Yin Dragon’ and ‘Ancient Yang Dragon’ reappeared.

“‘Ancient Yin Dragon’, ‘Ancient Yang Dragon’,” I commanded, “attack! Positive Force! Negative Force!”

The two dragons unleashed their attacks, and the dragon was blown away.

“Our battle is finally over,” ‘Yang’ said.

“Now,” said ‘Yin’, “we can finally rest.

He looked down at me and said, “My friend, thank you for your part in this. Now it’s time to say goodbye.”

“Do you have to go?” I asked, feeling pained.

“Yes,” ‘Yin’ replied. “We have long outlived our time.”

The dragons and the cards in my deck faded into the light.

“Goodbye, my friends,” I said. I turned and walked back toward the bus stop to continue my journey.


John


I woke up in the same place as where I’d fallen. I looked around. Christopher was still out cold.

I’m alive, I thought. I guess the good guy won after all, whoever he was, and the “Ancient Dragon” can rest in peace.

I looked up into the sky and saw that the dark cloud had parted, letting the sunlight through. I squinted, and I could have sworn I saw a gleaming purple dragon departing into the light.

Card of the Day:
Divine Spirit Dracon
Played by: Dracon

Seriously, looked everywhere for images of the Yin Yang cards, but they apparently don't exist anymore. If they did, "Ancient Dragon of Life" would be sharing this spot.

Continue to Book 3 >>

No comments:

Post a Comment