Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Last Dragonborn - The Journal of Johan Abbot #11


---Last Seed, 29th, 4E 201---

  On our way to the stronghold of the Silver Hand we encountered a green dragon much like the one that attacked the Western Watchtower. With the help of Mjoll and Odvar I managed to defeat it. I absorbed its soul, and learned the meaning of "Yol". Now I can breath balls of fire. Upon inspecting the Dragon's lair, I found another wall and now there is another word swimming in my head. I also discovered several corpses, burned and eaten by the dragon, and a strange crystal beacon which was too large for me to bring along.
  This battle took long enough that my friends and I have decided to camp below the dragon's perch tonight. I observed several ruins in the area, including one which seems to contain another Word Wall. Maybe I'll investigate them tomorrow after dispatching the Silver Hand and recovering any shards of Wuthraad that they might be hoarding.

---Last Seed, 30th, 4E 201---

  The Silver Hand were nothing, only six strong. They did have a fragment, though, which I recovered.
  After defeating the Silver Hand, Odvar, Mjoll and I journeyed up a nearby hill to the ruin with the Word Wall that I saw from the dragon's perch. An Imperial Captain, Captain Valmir, was stationed outside. He enlisted my help to retrieve a mask from the depths of the ruins, which used to be a stonghold of the ancient Dragon Cult. I'd all but forgotten the Cult. My knowledge of Dragon War lore is not substantial. I wonder if the Dragon Cult has anything to do with my powers, or the dragons' return?
  After a long-fought battle, my party and I worked our way through the ruin, deep into the crypts, and defeated the litch of the Dragon Priest whose mask the Captain wanted, and we took his mask from him. It is embued with a powerful enchantment, I can sense it. My senses have also told me since speaking with Valmir that there is something not right about him. Since when does a High Elf wear Imperial colors?
   We made our way out to the upper exterior level of the ruin, where I took in the word. When I think on this word, I see storm clouds, and it excites me. Then, after absorbing the powers of the wall, I observed Valmir, now dressed as a Stormcloak Officer, trying to convince a Stormcloak soldier to follow us in, as we were surely dead.
  When he saw me and realized that his deception was uncovered he attacked, and the Stormcloak stood with him, but they were quickly dispatched. I took a note from Valmir's body that contained orders from an unnamed entity to retrieve the mask and return it to the infamous ancient ruin of Labyrinthian. We've decided to sleep here tonight and head for Ivarstead in the morning. Maybe I'll take the mask to Labyrinthian myself some day and see if anything comes of it.

---Heartfire, 1st, 4E 201---

  I learned something about the Rift: it is all depressing. Its mountainous regions are impassable, and its forested regions are infested with Bandits, wolves, bears, and those horrible giant spiders. The walk to Ivarstead was long. I had to reveal my nature as a Werewolf to Mjoll when we were ambushed by a camp of Bandits. She is wary, but she believes me that I control the beast, and that the beast does not control me.
  Ivarstead itself is nice, however. Small, but quaint. It sits on a river, and it sees more traffic than most small towns, thanks to regular pilgrimages up the mountain to High Hrothgar. Tomorrow Mjoll and I will look around for the girl that Mara has sent us to help. I believe her name was Fastred. Meanwhile Odvar will, as he puts it, seek out a bottle of mead and help it into his stomach.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment