Friday, August 22, 2014

The Last Dragonborn - The Journal of Johan Abbot #16


--Heartfire, 10th, 4E 201---

  On our way back to Falkreath, the four of us discovered Pinewatch, an old hunters' lodge infested by Bandits, with a path in the basement leading to a Bandit's den in an old, partially callapsed Nordic Ruin. We cleared it out in less than an hour, and proceded to Falkreath and took the carriage to Markarth, arriving after eight in the evening. My first impression of the retrofitted Dwemer city was that it is quite magnificent and grand. My second was not quite so positive.
  Upon entering the city, I witnessed a man in miner's clothes attacking a local woman. I drew Goldbrand and struck quickly, my beastly instincts helping to speed my blade, and struck the assailant down in time to save the woman. I heard someone say something about the Forsworn, before the guard approached and drove everyone away. A young man then approached me and slipped me a note. I haven't decided if I will read it or not. I have heard of the Forsworn. They truly seem to be madmen and criminals, and I do not want to get involved in the conflict with them.
  Markarth seems to be a mixed bag. There are many people here who seem to enjoy living in the city, and yet just as many who find the city corrupt. Just from what I have overheard of the local chatter, the Silver-Bloods, the family which owns the mine, seems to be as controvertial a group as the Black-Briars of Riften. That taken with the fact of the attack, and it paints a suspicious picture, one which I don't want to become a part of just yet, if ever.
  I also heard rumors that the local Hall of the Dead has been shut down. Out of little more than curiosity, I will inquire about it tomorrow. Both the Hall and the workplace of the man we are here to see for Mara are located in the Keep, so I might as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment