Thursday, August 21, 2014

Yu-Gi-Oh! DF Book One: Gather the Duel Force - Chapter Thirteen

Because I have no self control at all it would seem, and because I'm an insomniac, I've just decided to post the rest of this little tournament tonight. So yeah, Jen is badass again, yada yada, moving on.


Chapter Thirteen

The Master of Laser Guns;
Jen vs. Ray


The shopkeeper stepped up in front of the crowd again, “What an exciting duel! Now, let’s get right to the next one. I wanna close early today. Next up is Jen, also a member of the Duel Force, against Ray, the store champion!”

There was clapping. Apparently the crowd was a bit more excited now that they’d already seen one good duel.

I made my way up to the arena. Ray did the same, pausing every few minutes to wave at his seven fans. Finally he faced me, “Alright, Jen, let’s give these guys a show. And don’t expect me to go easy ’cause you’re a girl.”

“I wouldn’t dream of asking something like that,” I told him, dripping sarcasm, “though I really wish you would.”

I didn’t even wait for the shopkeeper, “I’m going first. I summon ‘Giant Rat’ and set one card.”

“Cute,” Ray commented, “but it’s not much to me. I summon ‘Oni Tank T-34’!”

A tank with a demon face appeared behind Ray, taking aim with its gun at my monster, which was quite literally just what its name would suggest (ATK: 1400 (each)).

“I equip ‘Oni Tank’ with ‘Machine Conversion Factory’,” Ray continued. There was a series of clanks and metallic knockings, and the tank’s gun reconstructed itself into a beam cannon (1400+300=1700).

“Impressive,” I told him, speaking sarcastically.

“You’ll really think so when I do this,” Ray announced. “I activate ‘Plasma Wave’. I can only activate this card when I control a machine equipped with an Equip Spell, to negate and destroy one Spell or Trap that you control.”

He smiled like an arrogant punk as his ‘Oni Tank’ fired its cannon at my ‘Zero Gravity’, destroying it easily.

“Now I attack,” Ray declared, “with Onibeam!”

‘Oni Tank’ blasted my ‘Rat’ with its cannon, vaporizing him (4000+1400-1700=3700).

“Thanks,” I began. “When ‘Giant Rat’ goes to the Graveyard, I get to summon an Earth monster from my deck.”

I was confident, but my confidence was shattered when Ray replied, “Not if I play ‘Disruptor Pulse’. Because I control a Machine equipped with an Equip Spell, I can negate the activated effect of any one monster, even if it’s in the Graveyard.”

‘Oni Tank’ fired a pulse from its cannon, causing energy to crackle over the Graveyard section of my Duel Disk, and my combo was brought to a screeching halt.

“I end my turn,” Ray concluded, still beaming like an idiot.

“Draw,” I declared, not wasting even one extra minute on this guy, “and I activate ‘Monster Reborn’ to revive my ‘Rat’ and tribute him for ‘Insect Princess’.”

A humanoid bug woman with four elegant arms and glossy transparent wings appeared at my side (ATK: 1900).

“My monster attacks and destroys the ‘Oni Tank’, with Pheromone Attack,” I commanded, a cloud of dust spreading out from the ‘Princess’’ wings.

“Your pheromones can’t harm a machine,” Ray said, laughing.

I smiled, “But they can summon about a million little helpers who can.”

As I spoke, a swarm of holographic insects bore down on the tank, crawling inside and chewing cables until the tank exploded (4000+1700-1900=3800).

“End.”

“That’s pretty good,” Ray told me, still unshaken, “but I’ve still got more coming.”

He drew, “I summon ‘Gradius’, and equip it with ‘Cyclon Laser’.”

A futuristic fighter jet appeared with two laser cannons appearing a moment later on its underbelly (ATK: 1200+300=1500).

“Next,” Ray continued, “I play ‘Fairy of the Spring’ to return ‘Machine Conversion Factory’ from the Graveyard to my hand, set a card, and end my turn.”

He shot me a flashy grin, “Good luck. You’re gonna need it.”

I scowled, What a jerk. But still, he’s pretty good. I need to reinforce my offensive.

“I summon,” I declared, “my ‘Arsenal Bug’.”

An insect carrying a shield and sword appeared alongside the ‘Princess’ (ATK: 2000).

“And I,” Ray interrupted, “activate ‘Stun Wave’. Because you summoned a monster, and because I control a Machine equipped with a Spell, None of your monsters can attack this turn.”

‘Gradius’ fired his beams in a wide arch, hitting both monsters. They curled up, as if in pain, electricity rolling across their bodies.

Okay, he’s really good, I decided.

“In that case,” I said, “I set a card and end.”

“Alright!” Ray exclaimed. “I draw, and equip ‘Gradius’ with ‘Machine Conversion Factory’ (1500+300=1800) and ‘Intermittent Overload Command’. Thanks to my newest Equip Spell, the Attack boosts of all other Spells equipped to ‘Gradius’ are doubled during my Battle Phase. I attack the ‘Insect Princess’ (ATK: 1800 -> 2400)!”

‘Gradius’ fired its beams at full power, vaporizing ‘Insect Princess’ with a single shot (3700+1900-2400=3200).”

“Now take your turn, little lady,” Ray told me, which was, of course, the last straw.

“Sorry, Ray,” I said. “You did good. You really did. But I win.”

I drew my card, “Reveal ‘Call of the Haunted’ to revive the ‘Princess’, and I equip her with ‘Megamorph’.”

My favorite monster reappeared once again, a magic circle appearing beneath her. She grew larger until she was towering over the field.

“Because I have less Life than you, Ray,” I explained, “my monster doubles in size and strength (1900x2=3800).

“My monster attacks, smashing your ‘Gradius’,” I commanded, the princess striking with all four of her arms, ripping ‘Gradius’ to pieces (3800+1800-3800=1800).

“And I attack with the ‘Arsenal Bug’,” I told a truly stunned, speechless Ray as my second monster struck him with its sword. I smiled, “Next time we duel, maybe I should go easy on you.”

Ray and I stepped down from the arena, Ray sulking pitifully. I walked over to stand with Sarah, who gave me a high five, and Kris, who was busy studying the sky, as the shopkeeper addressed the crowd once again, “Alright, we’ve officially decided the finalists of B block!”

Sarah and I looked at each other, each of us beaming with determination, as the shopkeeper announced, “The next match will be Sarah against her friend and teammate Jen!”

“You ready for this?” Sarah asked.

“Oh yeah,” I told her, “I'm ready. To win.”

And with that began one of the most difficult duels I’ve ever played.

Card of the Day:
Insect Princess
Played by: Jen

This is Jen's favorite monster, and this is the first time that it makes a huge contribution in a duel, so by default, it is the Card of the Day today. Hey, I don't make the rule (oh wait, I totally do).

Original Cards in This Chapter:



Next Chapter >>

No comments:

Post a Comment