Thursday, September 4, 2014

Yu-Gi-Oh! DF Special #2: The Looming Darkness - Chapter Five

 Monty and Lawrence actually win a duel, and, not surprisingly, it means nothing to anyone and does no good. Some day I'll get bored of torturing these characters.



Chapter Five

White Dragon Sorcerer


Monty


“Before I end my turn,” I said, “I play the card I drew this turn, my ‘Pot of Greed’. This allows me to draw two cards.”

“Couldn’t you have played that before they sucked you into attacking?” Lawrence snapped.

“Sorry,” I snapped back, frustrated, drawing my cards, “they kinda caught me off guard.”

I looked over me newest draw and I smiled. Not bad.

“Next I activate ‘Double Spell’,” I continued, “discarding ‘Book of Secret Arts’ to activate one Spell card from my opponent’s Graveyard. A Spell like your ‘Card of Demise’.”

I drew five more cards, and upon seeing them I shot Lawrence a certain look. He understood and nodded, and I smiled, my confidence returning.

“I place a card face-down,” I said, “set a monster, and end my turn.”

“Draw,” said Blue Hair, “and I think it’s time I clinched this duel for our side once and for all. I activate my ‘Card of Demise’ to draw five cards. Next I summon ‘Zone Eater’ and ‘Jurai Gumo’ (3500-500-3000),” a massive worm with a circular mouth filled with several rows of razor sharp teeth and a giant brown spider appeared, “and I tribute them both (3000-500=2500) to summon the third Elemental God, ‘Sanga of the Thunder”.” A massive floating brown and yellow torso with a small head and massive arms appeared. The ceiling high above us crackled with lightning. Like ‘Suijin’ bore the Kanji for “Water” and ‘Kazejin’ bore the Kanji for “Wind”, ‘Sanga’ bore the Kanji for “Lightning” (ATK: 2600).

It didn’t take me long to figure out what these monsters were.

“Lawrence-.”

“I see it.”

“Finally,” Blue Hair concluded, “I set a card and activate the Field Spell card ‘Deadly Labyrinth’. This card allows me to search my deck for our final trump card, our final God.”

Blue Hair fanned his deck and selected his card. As he did the walls around the four of us were replaced by plain, somewhat damaged stone walls. We were in a corridor within a massive labyrinth that was open to the red sky above.

“Now,” said Blue Hair, “I tribute my ‘Sanga’ and ‘Suijin’ and my brother’s ‘Kazejin’ to summon the strongest card that we possess, the unstoppable ‘Gate Guardian’!”

‘Kazejin’’s arms turned to emerald wind and retracted into his body, and he stacked atop Suijin, forming legs and an abdomen. Then ‘Sanga of the Thunder’ moved to rest atop ‘Kazejin’, becoming the torso of a massive creature, nearly as large as the Egyptian God ‘Obelisk the Tormentor’, and almost as powerful (ATK: 3750).

“‘Gate Guardian’ attack with Tri-Elemental Force!” Blue Hair commanded. The God summoned lightning, water, and wind, aiming strait at the unprotected Lawrence. A bead of sweat formed on Lawrence's brow, but as usual my closest friend did all he could to keep his cool, steeling up his nervous features.

“Additionally,” said Blue Hair, “the ‘Deadly Labyrinth’ Field Spell increases the Attack of our ‘Gate Guardian’ by fourteen hundred during our Battle Phase (3750+1400=5150). You are done for Dragon Duelist!”

The God released its attack, and I went into action. “Reveal,” I declared, “the Spell card ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’!” A gust of wind rose up, severing the chains that bound mine and Lawrence’s face-down cards.

“And I reveal,” Lawrence added fiercely, “the Trap card ‘Negate Attack’!” The three-element attack was repelled by an invisible wall.

“Now,” said Lawrence, “it’s my turn. I draw, and as poetic as it sounds, I activate my own ‘Card of Demise’ card.”

He refilled his hand.

“Next I play ‘Magical Stone Excavation’,” he continued, “discarding ‘Different Dimension Dragon’ and ‘Luster Dragon #2’ to return the Spell card ‘Dark Factory of Mass Production’ to my hand. I activate my Spell now, returning two copies of ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’ to my hand. Finally I activate ‘Polymerization’, fusing two ‘Blue-Eyes’ with the fusion substitute monster ‘The Light – Hexed-Sealed Fusion’.”

Two of the mighty white dragons appeared alongside a mass of metal and flesh. The three monsters merged together into a three-headed version of the ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’.

“Behold my ultimate card,” said Lawrence as his dragon uttered a screeching roar that shook the ground beneath our feet, “the ‘Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon’ (ATK: 4500)! ‘Blue-Eyes’, attack the Gate Guardian with Ultimate Burst!”


Tucker


So while Monty and Lawrence were off on their adventure I was stuck back at the hospital with Rocky, Max, and Amanda, waiting to see if anything weird was going to happen. I guess John’s mom showing up kinda counts as something weird. Amanda saw her first. At first I wondered why she was here, but then it hit me Oh right, her son’s in the hospital!

When she saw us she bypassed the desk and sat down across from me. “So is this like last time?” she asked. “Is this some Soul-related thing?”

“Yeah,” I answered, “looks like it.”

“What can we do?”

“Nothing,” I told her. “All we can do is wait for things to play out and hope it’s the last time this kind of thing happens. Karen’s back with John now, offering moral support.”

“So if it’s just a matter of waiting, then what’s up with the high alert?”

I sighed, “Well, we didn’t tell you this, since we didn’t want you to worry, but last time this happened we fell under attack by the Order, hoping to hit us at our weakest. We were worried that someone might get the same idea this time too.”

She nodded her understanding, but she didn't seem happy about the situation. She'd always been understanding about the stuff that we did, I guess she's just the go with the flow type, like her son, but I could tell that this was pushing it.

That’s when something really weird happened, something big enough to distract us all from what was already going on. If it makes any sense, the sky started shaking, and then the ground started shaking. Everyone in the waiting room ran outside to see what was going on. The others and I stepped outside just in time to see a massive smoky shadow begin pouring from a hole in the sky. People began to run from the area, but as soon as the second team rejoined the four of us (plus John’s mom) we began running toward whatever the thing was. Karen never emerged from the hospital. I didn’t think anything of it at the time.

“That thing’s huge,” said Kimi.

“It looks like it’s emerging about a mile into the city,” said Jen. “We have to intercept it, whatever it is, before it can fully form.”

“Inter-what?” I asked.

Sarah answered in an annoyed tone, “It means we have to cut it off.”

“Oh.”


Monty


The three heads of Lawrence’s monster combined their power into a massive orb of energy, meant to be released in the form of a deadly beam, but before the dragon could attack its shadow reached up, forming chains that ensnared it, inhibiting its movements and its ability to strike. The energy of the attack faded away. “I told you,” said Blue Hair, “that we control when you attack. How do you like my Trap card, ‘Shadow Spell’?”

Lawrence grumbled as his dragon’s strength was sapped away (4500-700=3800).

“Draw,” said Red Hair, beginning his turn. “Because one of my monsters was used to form the ‘Gate Guardian’,” he explained, “I can attack with it as well.” The ‘Gate Guardian’ increased in strength again (ATK: 5150), “Attack with Tri-Elemental Force!” The God fired its attack at the weakened dragon, tearing it apart (1500+3800-5150 =150).

I smiled, Everything’s going according to plan.

“I set a card,” said Red Hair, “and end my turn.”

“Then it’s about time we ended this duel,” I said. I drew, but I wouldn’t need my new card. The duel was already won.

“I feel sorry for you two,” I said. “I’m sorry that you’re going to lose, and that we’re going to take your Shadow Items, leaving you vulnerable to the wrath of any Order members that you’ve wronged, but this duel has been going on for too long. I play monster reborn, reviving my ‘Dark Magician’!”

As I spoke the purple-clad sorcerer emerged from a flash of red light (ATK: 2500).

“Next I Flip Summon my ‘Magician of Faith’,” I continued, “returning my ‘Monster Reborn’ to my hand.” I took the Spell from my Graveyard, and placed it on the Duel Disk, “I reactivate ‘Monster Reborn’ to revive a second monster,” there was another flash and the three-headed dragon emerged, “the ‘Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon’!”

The resurrected dragon roared (ATK: 4500).

“Next,” I declared, “I activate ‘Polymerization’, fusing my sorcerer with the ‘Ultimate Dragon’!”

‘Dark Magician’ rose into the air, directly in front of ‘Blue-Eyes’. The dragon’s heads turned to metal, and its body turned into an orb of light that floated around the sorcerer, sinking into his chest at the same time as one head settled onto the sorcerer’s head, forming a helm, the second head attached to the sorcerer’s arm, forming a buckler, and the third head attached to the sorcerer’s staff. The top end of the staff stretched, becoming a blade, and the sorcerer's clothing turned white as a pair of broad white wings sprouted from his back. The new monster raised his blade and pointed it right at the ‘Gate Guardian’.

“Introducing,” I announced, “the ‘White Dragon Sorcerer’ (ATK: 3500). When this monster is summoned I can remove three ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragons’, ‘Luster Dragon #2’, and ‘Different Dimension Dragon’ in Lawrence’s Graveyard from play to place five Spell Counters on my monster,” five lights merged with my monster’s blade, “and for each Spell Counter that he has, my ‘Sorcerer’ gains four hundred Attack points (3500+2000=5500).

“I remove two Spell Counters from my monster (5500-800=4700),” I declared, “to place a seal on your set card, tethering it to the top of your deck.”

A hexagram appeared below Red Hair’s face-down card, and in a flash the card and the circle disappeared.

“I attack,” I commanded.

“No!” said Red Hair.

“We can’t lose!” cried Blue Hair.

Lawrence grumbled, “Why do they always say that?”

‘White Dragon Sorcerer’ drew another, larger circle in the air and flew through it, giving himself a massive speed boost. He shot straight past the God, slicing a white line across the ‘Guardian’’s chest with his blade. My monster touched down, and the white line blossomed out like a white flower, destroying the ‘Gate Guardian’ from the inside out as I called, “White Magic Blossom (3500+3750-4700=2550/2500+3750-4700 =1550)!”

“Now we finish it,” said Lawrence.

I selected a card from my hand, “I activate ‘De-Fusion’.”

‘White Dragon Sorcerer’ separated into the two monsters from which it was formed, both of them under my control (ATK: 2500/ATK: 4500). “‘Dark Magician’…” I called.

“Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon’…” Lawrence commanded.

“…Attack!”

“Dark Magic!”

“Ultimate Burst!”

Our monsters attacked our stunned opponents, and their Life Points fell. The darkness around us as well as the walls of the holographic labyrinth faded away.

I stepped forward and pulled the Shadow Pendant from the neck of an unconscious Red Hair, walked over, and pulled the Pendant from Blue Hair’s neck as well. I put the Pendant’s in my vest pocket, mine and Lawrence’s Souls flashed, and we were gone.

Card of the Day:
White Dragon Sorcerer
Played by: Monty and Lawrence

There, surprisingly, isn't an official fusion between the "Blue-Eyes" monsters and "Dark Magician" yet, so I made one. Here it is. You're welcome.

Next Chapter >>

No comments:

Post a Comment