Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Last Dragonborn - The Journal of Johan Abbot #22


---Heartfire, 20th, 4E 201---

  I had planned to stop in Riften no longer than to restock supplies and tell the priests and priestesses at the temple of Mara that I had completed another task for the divine, before making way on foot to Ivarstead and then up the Throat to High Hrothgar, but I was given another task from Mara, and to complete it I was handed an Amulet of Mara. As soon as the amulet touched my hand, I had a realization. The final task given by Mara was to help two dead lovers find each other again in eternity. looking across the room at Mjoll, I realized that I wanted to spend my eternity with her. I walked over to her where she stood waiting for me, and put the amulet around my neck. Mjoll accepted my proposal. Never have I felt so terrified and relieved and excited all at once. We wed tomorrow. So recently I had no desire to marry, but now I'm sure: I want to spend as much time as I can with this woman. I love her.
  Rather than travel to High Hrothgar before meeting with Delphine, we will say our vows tomorrow, celebrate our union, and then take the carriage over night to Windhelm. Then, morning after next, we will travel to Kynesgrove, we will learn if Delphine is correct, if the dragons are rising from the dead, and I will prove my identity as the Dragonborn to her. Then the following day we will meet with the Graybeards and I will give them the Horn. For this reason Mjoll and I will treat tonight as our wedding night.

---Heartfire, 21st, 4E 201---

  We were wed this morning. My heart beat so fast that I thought that it would fly from my chest as I told Mjoll with more honesty than I have ever mustered before, that I would stay by her side forever. Mjoll promised the same, and I kissed her. We made plans for her to live in Riverwood with me. Many of the people who we have helped throughout Skyrim came by cart for the wedding, including Lucia, with Lydia at her side. I apologized to Lucia for being away for so long, and introduced her to her new mother. Then I kept my promise to the girl and walked with her to Honor Hall Orphanage down the street and made my adoption of her official in the eyes of the Empire.
  Back in the local inn, I promised the Argonian barkeepers to find the gemstones that they need to make a traditional wedding ring, as they have no money to buy the stones, or time to go out looking themselves. Then Mjoll and I celebrated. We drank, fought, and made love, and now we set out with Odvar, Barbas and Meeko still at our sides for Windhelm, and the next leg of our journey. We should be in Kynesgrove by noon tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment