Monday, September 8, 2014

The Last Dragonborn - The Journal of Johan Abbot #18


---Heartfire, 12th, 4E 201---

  I succeeded in convincing Eola that I was willing to join her cannibalistic cult. With the help of Priest Varuvius from the Hall of the Dead, who was intended to be the "main course" at my initiation party, I got all of the cultists together. I was shocked by who I found seated in that cavern. The man who works the stables, the nice girl who runs the general store, and the town butcher were among them! Enraged, I struck them all down. Mjoll was proud of me. I think she worried that due to my beast side I would be tempted to go through with the macabre ritual, but in fact it was my experience resisting the pull of the beast which helped me resist Namira's call.
  On our way back into town we overheard some miners from a gold mine up the road telling their fellows at the mine outside of the city that they had been attacked by Forsworn. I agreed to clear the Forsworn from the mine, expecting to be able to rout them with ease, but once there I found a surprise waiting. Leading the tribal clan was a man of impressive stature with a scar in his chest, as if someone had cut into his heart. While Odvar, Barbas and Mjoll dispatched with the Forsworn themselves, I attacked this man. I swung Goldbrand, but it barely nicked the man's skin. He retaliated with a frostbite spell which I only survived thanks to my Nord blood. 
  I countered with a strike of my shield, but the man didn't staggar. Desperately I shouted Fus Ro at the man. He was toppled long enough for me to strike a decisive blow, but I still would have lost the fight once he regained his footing had Odvar not stepped up to aid me. Now I understand the danger of these Forsworn. They are murderers, and they have the power to transform themselves into some of the most powerful warriors that I've ever seen, it would seem by removing their hearts and replacing them with a strange magical plant briar. The issue of the dragon's, however, takes precident over these Forsworn, and so my party and I set out again tomorrow to continue our journey.
  I will be happy to leave the Reach behind. While Markarth is impressive, and the mountianous terrain is impressive just as well, I have accumulated too many depressing memories in this place to enjoy it any longer.



No comments:

Post a Comment