Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Yu-Gi-Oh! DE/DA Crossover Special!: A Threat To Us All - Chapter Three

Okay, so I've done this whole "two characters are jealous of each other and kinda competing over another character during a duel" thing before between Karen and Ria, but I just feel that it was appropriate here. Even though I'm pretty sure that Rocky is too boy-scout-ish to see it himself, there is all manners of sexual tension between him and Rachel, and Kimi is having none of that. Also I really wanted these two to fight, and its my story, so yeah.


Chapter Three

Cat Fight



Kimi and Rachel stood across from each other on the red exercise mat, activating their Duel Disks. I stood off to the side, my arms crossed, watching carefully. The room was fairly small, large monsters would only partially appear, but it was as good a place to duel as any.

"I'll go first," declared the aggressive Rachel. "I play 'Graceful Charity', drawing three cards and discarding two."

I watched Rachel discard two monsters, one of which was definitely her key card, 'Phantom Beast Cross-Wing'.

"Next," Rachel continued, "I place one card face-down and summon 'Phantom Beast Wild-Horn'."

A horned Beast-Warrior resembling an elk or a moose with large, elaborate horns appeared, carrying a sword which resembled one of its horns, appeared at Rachel's side.

"Because my 'Phantom Beast Cross-Wing' is in my Graveyard," Rachel explained, "'Wild-Horn''s power increases (ATK: 1700 -> 2000).

"I end my turn."

"Already?" Kimi asked. "Based on your big personality, I expected a bigger play from you."

She drew the sixth card of her opening hand, and I saw her eyes light up, "I summon 'The Agent of Wisdom - Mercury' in defense position, and equip him with 'Heart of Clear Water'."

A robed angel appeared at Kimi's side, a book under his arm, his wings held close to his body, surrounded by a magical barrier (DEF: 1700).

"I set four cards," Kimi concluded, smirking, "and I end my turn."

I smiled right along with Kimi. I knew exactly what was coming. Kimi and I actually have similar dueling styles. We both duel very defensively. The only difference between our styles is that Kimi retreats and retreats, constantly strengthening her position against any and all attacks, where as I am more balanced, more neutral, and more likely to attack back. Rachel has always been able to handle my dueling style pretty easily, but standing there, watching the duel beginning to unfold, I really wondered if the same would be true of Kimi's.

"I'm not afraid of your set cards," Said Rachel, beginning her second turn. "I know you set them just to empty your hand and trigger your 'Wisdom''s effect. And I'm not afraid of your 'Heart of Clear Water' either. Just because I can't damage your monster, it doesn't mean I can't damage you. After all, my deck can pierce any defense."

She chose a card, "I play 'Double Summon'. This allows me to Normal Summon an additional time this turn. First I tribute my 'Wild-Horn' for the 'Minoan Centaur'," a warrior with the torso of a man, and the body of a horse, appeared, only to disappear a moment later, "and I tribute him to summon two Beast Warriors from my deck."

A minotaur carrying an ax (ATK: 1700), and a vicious warrior carrying a blood-stained, curved, double-ended blade (ATK: 1900), appeared together at Rachel's side, in the 'Centaur''s place.

"I use my second Normal Summon," Rachel explained, her new monsters disappearing as well, "to tribute both of my monsters to summon," a giant Beast Warrior, like a centaur with the body of a black lion, rather than a horse, a muscular torso, and a mane of long hair, his face ringed by golden spokes, like rays of light, appeared behind Rachel, carrying a lance in one hand, and a round shield in the other, the top of his head and the back of his body clipping through the ceiling and wall, "my ace, 'Beast King Barbaros'!"

Rachel's monster roared ferociously (ATK: 3000).

"I equip my monster with 'Fairy Meteor Crush'," Rachel declared, "giving him a Piercing effect, and I attack 'Mercury', revealing 'Horn of the Phantom Beast', increasing my monster's Attack by eight hundred (3000 -> 3800)."

'Barbaros' thrust his lance, charged with energy, and struck 'Mercury''s barrier. 'Mercury' stood defiantly, unfazed by the attack, but vibrations from the attack curled around the barrier and struck Kimi, damaging her (8000 -> 5900).

"Now that was a big play," said Kimi, impressed but still unconcerned.

"I reveal," Kimi declared, "'Solemn Wishes', and I draw to begin my turn, triggering the effect of 'Solemn Wishes', recovering five hundred Life."

Light rained down on Kimi (5900 -> 6400).

"Also," Kimi continued, "because I had no cards in my hand at the end of last turn, 'Mercury' gifts me with another card, and I recover more Life."

She drew another card, and her Life rose even further (6400 -> 6900).

Kimi chose one of her two cards, "I activate 'Graceful Charity', drawing again."

Kimi drew three cards, and discarded 'Numinous Healer' and 'Marie the Fallen One', 'Solemn Wishes' activating for a third time (6900 -> 7400).

"I also play 'Diane Keto the Cure Master'," Kimi declared, "increasing my Life Points further," light rained down on Kimi yet again, and her Life increased dramatically (7400 -> 8400), "and I activate 'Card of Sanctity'. We each draw until we hold six cards."

Kimi drew once again, and grew even stronger (8400 -> 8900), and with a full hand yet again, she kept on going.

"Activate," Kimi declared, "'Sanctuary in the Sky'."

Suddenly our surroundings changed. As far as any of us could tell, we were out in the open, up in the clouds, a Roman-style temple rising up from the clouds behind Kimi, radiating bright light.

"While we're at 'Sanctuary in the Sky'," Kimi explained, "I don't take any damage from battles involving my Fairy-type monsters. Monsters like 'Mercury', and my next monster, 'The Agent of Creation - Venus'."

A second angel in a simple brown dress descended to Kimi's side in a ray of light, her arms spread wide (ATK: 1600).

"I pay fifteen hundred Life," Kimi announced, "to activate 'Venus'' effect, summoning three 'Shine Balls' from my deck (8900 -> 7400). I summon 'Shine Ball - Blue'," a glimmering blue glass orb appeared, floating above 'Venus'' right shoulder, raining blue light down on Kimi (7400 -> 7700), "'Shine Ball - Green'," a green glass orb appeared above 'Venus'' left shoulder, shining green light on 'Venus' and 'Barbaros' (Venus: 1600 -> 2000/Babaros: 3800 -> 3400), "and 'Shine Ball - Red'," a final, red orb appeared above 'Venus' head, shining burning red light down on Rachel (8000 -> 7500). The three monsters circled 'Venus' head and body protectively, like orbiting planets (ATK: 500).

"Just as my 'Sanctuary' protects me," Kimi explained, "my next card, 'Mystical Shine Wall', protects my monsters by shielding them with my 'Mystical Shine Balls', the weakest monsters I control."

Her 'Shine Balls' moved to place themselves between Kimi's other monsters and 'Barbaros', a sheet of multicolored energy shimmering between them.

"Clever," Rachel admitted, "but I'm sorry to say, it isn't clever enough." She seemed sure of herself, but I could tell that Kimi was pushing her. She simply wasn't used to fighting someone like Kimi, with so many layers to their defense.

Rachel drew, and sighed, visibly relieved, "I summon 'Chiron the Mage'," a centaur carrying a mirrored shield appeared at Rachel's side, "and discard a card to destroy 'Sanctuary in the Sky'."

The centaur angled his shield to reflect the sky temple, and began to glow, but before it could destroy its target, the centaur was vaporized by a bolt of lightning from within the temple itself.

"Sorry, Sassy," Kimi said, triumphantly, "but my 'Sanctuary' defends itself. I reveal 'Divine Judgment', negating the activation of your monster effect, and destroying him."

Rachel scowled, "Then I'll weaken your position by destroying one of your orbs."

'Barbaros' thrust with his spear, just as light poured from all five of Kimi's monsters, striking Rachel. 'Shine Ball - Red' was shattered, falling as harmless red shards to the ground at Kimi's feet, but Rachel was the one who was truly worse off.

"Reveal," Kimi declared, "my 'Solar Ray', dealing you six hundred damage for every Light monster I control (7500 -> 4500). And it's my turn again. I draw, recover (7700 -> 8200), and the second effect of 'Mystical Shine Wall' activates, dealing you one hundred damage for every 'Shine Ball' I control."

The remaining 'Shine Balls' shone light on Rachel, who was forced to momentarily look away (4500 -> 4300).

"Now," Kimi continued, "I reveal 'Aegis of Gaia', increasing my Life by three thousand."

A beautiful female spirit appeared behind Kimi, shrouding her in protective light (8200 -> 11,200).

"And," Kimi announced, "I tribute 'Mercury' for 'The Agent of Judgment - Saturn'."

'Mercury' was replaced by another, sterner male angel, surrounded by an aura of gleaming light.

"I tribute 'Saturn'," Kimi declared, "to activate his effect, dealing damage to you equal to the difference in your Life Points and mine."

'Saturn' turned into pure light and poured over Rachel's side of the field, as Kimi called, "Light of Burning Judgment'!" The light was so bright that I had to look away. When it finally faded, the monsters were all gone from the field, and Rachel's Life Points were zero.

For a moment or two, I was worried that Rachel would revert to her classic reaction to losing and get angry at Kimi, and so I was pleasantly surprised when she smiled instead and said, "Nice! I was wrong, not only can you defend yourself, you are Elite."

She walked up to Kimi and shook her hand pleasantly, "Welcome to the fold. Now hurry up, kids," she said, addressing both of us, "and get your things. We leave in-."

Suddenly her face went blank, and her expression started switching rapidly between terror and panic. She went pale, seized once, and collapsed. I lunged forward and caught her before her head could hit the floor, knelt down, and lowered her gently to the exercise mat. Kimi rushed over and knelt down beside me.

"Rachel," I asked, "are you okay?"

The color had already started to return to her cheeks. She pushed us away, and sat up quickly, scowling and holding her head, "shit!"

"What happened?" I asked.

"A vision from the Necklace," Rachel answered. "The thing the Elite fought, it's attacking again."

"It found the others?" I asked.

"No, it's attacking someone else. We have to help them."

She stood up too quickly, teetering. Kimi and I had to steady her.

"We need to get back to HQ first and get everyone else," Rachel said, "but between teleporting here, and the vision, I'm too worn out to cast the spell myself."

''I'll got us there," said Kimi, looking determined, "You just have to concentrate on where 'there' is."

Rachel nodded, placed her hand on Kimi's shoulder, and closed her eyes. Kimi placed one hand on Rachel's shoulder, and the other on mine. She looked nervous, so I placed my hand on her's offering her my strength, as well as emotional support. Our Souls glowed amber brown and golden yellow, and the eye on Rachel's necklace glowed white, and the three of us disappeared in a flash of yellow light.

Card of the Day:
 Mystical Shine Wall
Played by: Kimi

Kimi uses the "Mystical Shine Balls" in pretty much every duel she plays, so I made her her own custom versions of them, and this card to make them even more useful. There are more "Shine Ball" cards coming down the line as well, so stay tuned for that!

Original Cards in This Chapter:


No comments:

Post a Comment