Sunday, October 12, 2014

Yu-Gi-Oh! DE/DA Crossover Special!: A Threat To Us All - Chapter Eight

Not much to say here, either. We see more of John's new "Supremacy Sun" in action (he actually played it two chapters back, but I forgot to mention it). Since this story takes place in the universe of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! and its spinoff anime series, and the spinoff mangas take place in an entirely different continuity, I decided to give "Sun" and the other "Legendary Planets", from the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX manga, a role in my story. Before the adventures of the Duel Force end completely, we will see each of them as least once, either in a duel, or in passing. We've already seen Shannon use "The Splendid Venus", and Hiro use "The Big Saturn", and now John has "The Supremacy Sun". Only seven more to go!


Chapter Eight

Continuing Struggles


John

I drew a card to begin what I was well ware could be my last turn. When I saw it, I was more than a little bit relieved. It wasn't much, but it would give me a chance.

"In my Standby Phase," I declared, "I discard 'Mirror Ladybug' to activate 'Supremacy Sun''s effect, raising it from the Grave like the set sun rises above the horizon at dawn," my monster appeared behind me and rose up, glowing like the star that it represents, "and at the same time, I discard 'Card Gifter', allowing me to draw two cards."

I drew. I could have used my Destiny Draw, but I was still hoping to reserve it for something else later, so I took a chance that I'd be able to hold my own a little longer without it. I looked at my cards, and I was rather satisfied with what I'd drawn, In fact, I would actually get a chance to use my Destiny Draw for the purpose that I wanted.

"Next," I declared, "I summon 'Dark Manju'."

A dark-skinned almost serpentine creature that would have been humanoid in form if not for its literally ten thousand arms and hands, his eyes glowing red (ATK: 1400).

"When 'Dark Manju' is summoned," I explained, "I can send one card from my hand to the Graveyard to search my deck for a Dark Ritual monster and a Ritual Spell card and add them to my hand.

I searched through my deck and selected my cards, but my attention was split evenly between my own cards and my opponent. I was watching for a reaction from him, any reaction, but I saw nothing, so I just continued with my turn.

"I play," I declared, "the Spell I searched for, 'Contract With the Dark Master'. I tribute 'Dark Manju', and remove 'Djinn Presider of Rituals' in my Graveyard from play to summon," the obese swordsman reappeared just long enough for he and the many-armed 'Manju' to be engulfed in flames, the flames swirling together, rising up, and then falling away to reveal a demonic figure with long sharp teeth and glowing red eyes, wearing a cape which flowed behind him like wings as he rose into the air, his clawed hands outstretched, "the 'Dark Master - Zorc' (ATK: 2700 -> 3200)!"

I held out my hand, summoning darkness into it, forming dark violet and purple swirled six-sided die with golden yellow numbers, the number one replaced by a golden moon and star.

I shot the dice across the battlefield, my Soul of Darkness flashing, "I activate my monster's Special Attack, and I use Destiny Roll!"

I gave up my Destiny Draw, but it was worth it. My Soul flashed brightly, and when the light faded, the dice had stopped just before reaching my opponent's feet, landing moon and sun up.

I smiled wide, "Critical Hit! Special Attack Zorc Black Magic Dark Catastrophe!"

'Zorc' rose into the air and raised his hands, summoning a huge orb of dark magic which he dropped onto my opponent's side of the field. It exploded, engulfing every one of his monsters, blasting them apart in an instant. 'Zorc' dropped to the ground at my side, his arms crossed defiantly.

"This next attack will end it," I said, my arms crossed right alongside my monster's, "'Supremacy Sun', attack with Solar Flare!"

'Sun' rose up and unleashed a wave of fire from the tiny star in his chest. The flames engulfed the Core Creature, swirling around him and rising high into the air (6000 -> 2500).

"'Zorc'," I commanded, "finish it."

'Zorc' summoned up more darkness in his palm, but he hesitated to release it. 'Sun''s flames fell away, revealing not an empty field, but a field containing two dangerous-looking monsters. One was male with long red hair, wearing a visor and black armor with long blades on the arms, a large sword sheathed on his back. The other was female, wearing lavender armor with a tall helm, carrying a large sword in one hand, held in a defensive posture.

They were the Emissaries of Darkness, 'Gorz' and 'Kaiten', monsters which can only be summoned when their owner takes damage, either from the hand if their owner's field is empty, or from the deck with the effect of the Trap card 'Gateway to Darkness', which was fading from my opponent's field along with the last of the flames. 'Gorz' benefited from the various card effects active on the field (ATK: 2700 -> 4000), and 'Kaiten' possessed Attack and Defense equal to the damage taken by my opponent to trigger her summoning (DEF: 3500). I scowled. Once again I'd completely lost my advantage, and once again I only had one chance left.

"I place one card face-down," I said, summoning up as much confidence as I could muster, "and end my turn."

This had better work, I thought, or this time I'm definitely going to lose.

Rocky

"Activate," I declared, "another 'Miracle Rupture', sending 'Stone Dragon' from my deck to the Graveyard to draw a card from my deck."

I drew again, and I smiled ever so slightly despite myself. Just because I might be more sensible than a lot of my friends, but I still do have a competitive spirit.

"Next," I continued, "I activate 'Card Destruction'. We toss out our hands, and draw the same number of cards."

I discarded my 'Alpha the Magnet Warrior' and 'Valkyrion the Magna Warrior', and my wordless opponent acknowledged my play for the first time, but only by discarding his own hand, consisting of a Spell card, two monsters, and a Trap, all made of Shadows like the rest of his cards. I drew my cards, and I couldn't help but feel excited. Everything was coming together.

"And I remove six Rock-type monsters in my Graveyard from play," I continued, "to Special Summon 'Megarock Dragon'."

Chunks of stone rose up out of the ground and merged together, forming a massive wingless, four-legged dragon which roared fiercely at the enemy monster (ATK: 4200). The Shadow Behemoth roared right back, despite the fact that it stood no chance against it's newest foe.

"My monster attacks," I declared, and 'Megarock Dragon' stomped the ground, knocking large chunks of stone lose from beneath him, into the air. He spun and hit the stones with his massive tail, knocking them into the Behemoth, crushing him (4000 -> 2600). He melted back into the Shadows, leaving behind not one Wisp, but two.

I frowned, Well, I know where this is going.

My opponent drew, and both of the Wisps disappeared, replaced by an even larger monster, still made of darkness. It was a hulking creature with enormous arms, wearing black armor. His vastly oversized fists, clad in spiked gauntlets, were clenched tight. It roared and Shadows emerged from the darkness around us, twisting into grotesque, half-formed visages of the Shadow Monsters that I'd already defeated during the duel. They swarmed my monster, and he roared with pain as those Shadows poured down his throat, leaving him coughing darkness. I watched as his Attack plummeted (ATK: 4200 -> 3000), "'Megarock', no!"

The Shadow Hulk rushed at me, and my injured dragon jumped forward to defend me. The Hulk beat with mercilessly, crushing him to gravel (2800 -> 2400). I'd been bested now twice, losing two of my strongest monsters, but I wouldn't give up. I'd seen Kimi fall. She and the rest of my friends were counting on me to, at the very least, hold these things off for as long as I could, and I refused to let them down.

Marco

My 'Armored Dragon' cut my opponent's Shadow Soldier in half, and it dissolved into a Wisp (4000 -> 3800). Immediately the Wisp disappeared, replaced by a Shadow Behemoth. I'd been paying attention and seen another of those monsters summoned. I knew how strong it was, and how dangerous. It reached out and crushed my 'Dragon' beneath its clawed foot (4000 -> 3100). I didn't care. Just as wordlessly as my opponent had destroyed my monster I moved on and drew my next card, and activated my Trap card, 'Immortal Dragon'. The battered 'Armored Dragon' rose up again, his injuries fading, and his armor mending.

Next I summoned a warrior in pink armor forged to resemble a dragon, my 'Dragonic Warrior', and played the Spell card 'Dragon Unit Ritual', merging my monsters into a larger, stronger 'Armored Dragon' wearing 'Dragonic Warrior''s armor, and carrying his oversized sword. He was one of my strongest monster, the powerful and ferocious 'Dragonic Knight' (ATK: 2800). I equipped him with 'Dragon's Treasure', and a crystal set itself into the armor over his chest, glowing brightly, wrapping him in an aura or power (ATK: 2800 -> 3100).

"Attack," I commanded, ignoring the voice of the other me in my head saying, Finally he speaks! I was starting to think he'd forgotten how. My dragon lunged forward, cleaving the Behemoth in half at the waste, sending it back to the Shadows, leaving two Wisps behind (3800 -> 3500).

I set two cards in pointed silence and waited to see what my opponent would do next.

Ria

"You can't outmaneuver me so easily," I told my un-talkative opponent. "I summon 'Monk Fighter', and reveal the Trap card 'Lone Wolf'. Because 'Monk Fighter' is the only monster I control, 'Lone Wolf' makes him practically immortal. And because 'Monk Fighter' fights with his entire being, he absorbs all of the battle damage from every attack made against him, so I don't take any battle damage when he fights. I also play 'Kaminote Blow'! During this turn, any monster that battles my 'Monk' will be destroyed automatically."

My monster, a fit young man in modest garb, was wreathed in an angry aura so strong that it shook the ground (ATK: 1300). He lunged at the enemy's Behemoth, putting his fist right through the Behemoth's head. The Behemoth melted back into the Shadows, leaving two of those little Wispy things behind, which disappeared as soon as my opponent drew, replaced in an instant by a lithe, snarling, wolf-like Shadowy Beast creature. The Beast roared, darkness pouring from it. It seemed to grow a bit weaker, but my 'Monk' definitely did. He slumped, out of breath, choking on darkness as his aura faded. My connection to my monster was strong enough that I could sense what had happened.

"It weakened itself," I said aloud, taken aback, "to strip my monster of its Attack and its effect! If that thing attacks me now, that could be it."

I didn't know how strong the enemy monster was, or how much it had weakened itself to activate its effect, so I braced myself. It turned out, however, that I didn't have to. Just as the Beast lunged at my 'Monk', Thomas stepped in beside me, 'Flame Spirit Ignis' at his side (ATK: 1500/LP: 2300), and declared, "Reveal 'Widespread Ruin'."

The Beast exploded, leaving three more of those pesky Wisps behind, but I didn't mind, seeing how I was saved and everything. I stood literally shoulder to shoulder with Tommy, "Thanks, that one woulda been bad."

"It would have finished you. That monster had just enough Attack left to take the rest of your Life Points."

"You can tell how much Attack they have?" I asked, impressed.

"No," Tommy replied, "but 'Ignis' can, and I can understand him."

"Good to know," I told him, "it might just give us an edge. Together then?"

Tommy smiled, showing once again just how serious he becomes when he's dueling, "Always."

He drew, "I summon 'Hinotama Soul', and I tribute it to activate 'Ignis'' effect, dealing you damage."

A living fireball appeared alongside the fox-like genie, with its many eyes. 'Ignis' held out his hand and absorbed the fireball into it, and then thrust his palm, unleashing a barrage of smaller fireballs, which struck the opponent directly (2800 -> 1400).

"And I chain," Tommy continued, "my 'Graveyard of Wandering Souls', which summons a 'Fireball Token' to the field whenever a monster is sent to my Graveyard."

A ghostly white flame appeared, circling Tommy and 'Ignis'. 'Ignis' held out his palm again, absorbing that fireball as well. "I tribute the 'Fireball Token'," Tommy declared, "to deal than damage again."

'Ignis' unleashed another barrage of fireballs, literally blasting the Shadow Creature apart, only to have another one step up to take its place.

"'Ignis' attacks one of the three Wisps," Tommy concluded, and 'Ignis' lobbed a fireball at one of the Wisps, sweeping it away in a wave of heat and light.

"I end my turn," Tommy announced, and our new opponent drew a card. I had no idea what it had planned for us next, with two Wisps still to work with, but I had a distinct feeling that I wasn't going to enjoy it very much.

Card of the Day:
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
Played by: The Core Creature

Another of the villain's monsters shows up here today. If we are talking about DARK monsters which can be spammed onto the field, "Gorz" here is the king. Very easy to summon, and very powerful and dangerous.

Original Cards in This Chapter:



Next Chapter >>

No comments:

Post a Comment