Sunday, October 11, 2015

Digimon ND Special #2: Myotismon's Revenge - Chapter Two

The second chapter is here. The source of the portal is revealed as the same Myotismon that Jen defeated in Book One, in a new and more powerful form. He is out for revenge, and his revenge makes him strong. Now Jen must defeat this enemy for a second time, and she might have to get creative to do it, since she'll have to beat him without any of the other campers getting caught in the crossfire.




Chapter Two

The Growing Digiport


“These Digimon have to be coming through a Digiport,” I said, “and based on the order that the Digimon have appeared, I’d say the Digiport is growing. We have to find it and seal it before a really big Digimon can get through. Our Digivices can be used to open Digiports, so it makes sense that they can close them too.”

“Close, and track,” said Kris. “I’ve got a Digiport signal on my Digivice radar.”

“Then lead the way.”

TechnoGarurumon hunkered down, and Kris climbed onto his back. I climbed onto BattleStaliamon’s back, settling into the saddle. In less than a second, we were moving at an incredible speed.

“How far away is it?” I asked over the whooshing of the air.

“How should I know?” Kris replied. “I don’t speak Digivice-ese.”

We rode on our Digimon’s backs, moving at a slight angle toward the camp, but remaining in the woods, the camp still out of sight. It was only a few minutes later that we came to a stop, the Digiport just ahead.

“This is bad,” said BattleStaliamon. “I can hear the children playing back at the camp. The Digiport is far too close. If we are forced to fight here, many humans could get hurt.”

I was suddenly struck by the seriousness of the situation. John usually did the serious thinking. On one hand I was learning a lot about being a leader, and fast, but on the other hand, my inexperience was putting a lot of lives at risk.

I could see the light of the Digiport through the trees ahead. “I’m not reading any Digimon signals between here and the Digiport,” said Kris.

“But the Digivice doesn’t always show Digimon signals when they’re there,” I said, “especially when there is something like a Digiport nearby to muddle the sensors. The Digiport is still about a quarter mile ahead past some pretty thick forest. Let’s veer apart and take different paths around. That way if there is a Digimon there, we’ll have a better chance of spotting it.”

So that’s what we did. BattleStaliamon and I went one way, and TechnoGarurumon and Kris went the other way. BattleStaliamon on his own was much faster, and he and I found ourselves face to face with the Swirl of light that was the Digiport long before the others.

“Well there it is,” I said, dropping down from my Digimon’s back, my Digivice in hand. “It’s widening! We have to seal it now!”

I raised my Digivice toward the expanding vortex, but it was too late. Before I could do anything, the Digiport flashed and a figure emerged. It was like a four legged dinosaur with gray skin, covered in black armor plates.

“Oh no,” said BattleStaliamon, “that’s Monochromon! He’s one of the strongest Adult Digimon in any Digital World. Close the Digiport while I hold him off.

“No,” I said, “we’re going to leave the Digiport open until we can use it to return Monochromon to the Digital World where it came from. That way we won’t have to destroy him. Get in close and see if you can push him back.”

I jumped back onto BattleStaliamon’s back, and he circled around to face Monochromon, leaving the massive reptile directly between us and the Digiport. Then he bucked up onto his hind legs, slinging energyblades at the foe. The armored dinosaur raised his front legs, deflecting the attack with relative ease. He barely budged.

“Taste my horn, abductor!” Monochromon cried, charging strait at us. BattleStaliamon flapped his wings and rose up just out of Monochromon’s reach. “We didn’t abduct you Monochromon,” I said. “Calm down and we’ll help you get home!”

But Monochromon was clearly not listening. He circled back for another attack. “We have no choice,” said BattleStaliamon. “We have to force him back through.”

“We’ll never be able to pull it off ourselves,” I said. “We need a beam, like TechnoGarurumon’s attack!”

“You rang!” growled TechnoGarurumon, finally joining the battle, Kris still riding high on his back. “Time to go home, Monochromon. Biotech Blaster!”

Monochromon, realizing what was coming, raised his front legs and braced against the attack, but the beam was still powerful enough to push Monochromon back, until he fell into the vortex and was pulled through.

“Alright,” I said, raising my Digivice, “it’s time to end this.”

But for the second time now, before I could close the Digiport, it flashed, and something began to emerge. I expected Monochromon, but instead out stepped fifteen small child-sized green-skinned goblins carrying clubs, alongside roughly thirty total of Bakemon and Soulmon, the ghost-like Digimon that Amanda and I had encountered back in the haunted mansion, in the Digital World. Behind them emerged two grim reaperDigimon in red cloaks, carrying golden scythes.

“Wh-what is this?” I stammered.

Even as I spoke, another figure emerged behind the others, crouched down to fit through the portal. He was tall, standing at a height of nearly twenty feet. He looked like a sinister skeleton whose bones were colored red and black, and he carried a staff that was nearly as tall as him with a spherical crystal on the top and a point on the opposite end. In his chest, behind his ribs, was a glowing sphere of light. In his free hand, the skeleton held Monochromon by the neck. The Digiport closed behind him.

The skeleton was looking the struggling dinosaur in the eyes, squeezing its throat. He hadn’t noticed us yet, and his troops were focused more on him than on their surroundings. “You shouldn’t have come back,” said the skeleton to the dinosaur. “I may have used you to test my portal without your permission, but in exchange I gave you a new world full of territories to claim. But instead of partaking, you belittled my generosity by refusing my gift. For that you will die!” He squeezed harder, and the dinosaur vaporized.

I was horrified.

“Jen,” said BattleStaliamon, “that tall one with the staff has an energy that’s different than anything we’ve ever fought! It's reacting bad with my celestial energy.”

My shock turned to anger, “Then we’ll have to destroy him before he can use that energy against us. Attack!”

BattleStaliamon and TechnoGarurumon, with my sister and I still on their backs, lunged at the new appearance, prepared to strike. He saw us coming, and he swung his staff so fast that I barely saw it move, throwing the Digimon to the ground. Kris and I fell from their backs, stunned. I sat up first, followed by Kris, the Digimon rising to their feet a second later.

“He’s fast,” said BattleStaliamon.

“Yeah,” said TechnoGarurumon, “and strong.”

The skeleton looked down on us and laughed, looking right at me. “Of all the people to encounter first here in your world,” he said, “it’s only fitting that it would be you, Jen.”

“D-do I know you?”

The Digimon only laughed.

I steeled myself up, rose to my feet, Kris at my side, and stared into the skeleton’s empty eyes demanding, “Who are you?”

“If it’s really so important that you know,” the Digimon said, “I will grant you this knowledge as a final request. Do you remember discovering a mansion in the Digital World?”

“Of course,” I said. “Amanda and I were forced to fight Myotismon, a Ghost Digimon. He was strong, but my Digimon was able to defeat him in the end. But what does that have to do with you?”

“After Myotismon was hit by your killing attack, he tried to preserve his data by reverting to his Adult Level form, but it was too little too late. He died, and he was sentenced by Anubismon, the Digimon Lord of the Dead to float for eternity in the endless Digital Void. It was hell. But he encountered by accident the data of the mighty Ogremon. Using what remained of his strength he drew Ogremon’s matrix into his own. The two Digimon DNA Digivolved, gaining power enough to escape the void. The two Digimon became one. They became me. I am Skullsatamon! Myotismon’s need for revenge combined with Ogremon’s need to conquer has given me a unique perspective, and an unbeatable type of power. My troop of Goblimon, Bakemon and Soulmon will decimate your world while I seek revenge on those who ended my prosperous former life as the Ghost Ruler!”

Skullsatamon raised his staff, aiming the crystal at the Digimon and firing a bolt of red lightning that hit them, throwing them up into the air. They fell hard, unmoving.

“Go my troops,” Skullsatamon commanded, “and destroy everything in your path!”

“We won’t let you hurt anyone,” said BattleStaliamon, he and TechnoGarurumon rising to their feet as the enemy troops charged into the surrounding forest.

“Go get ‘em guys,” said Kris.

“And go,” I said, “with our blessing.”

Kris and I passed our hands over the tags that held our crests, and the crests emerged, floating in the air. We grabbed them and inserted them into our Digiplayers, calling, “Initiate Warp Digivolution!”

BattleStaliamon’s body became metallic and he grew into a twenty-foot robotic angel carrying a shield and sword, his masked face covered by a glass face protector, “BattleStaliamon, Warp Digivolve to! MechAngemon!”

TechnoGarurumon shrunk and stood up on his hind legs, taking on the form of a full grown man with metallic arms and legs, a slightly hunched back, and masked face. He wore a silver, blue-striped wolf-skin cloak, the head of the cloak covering his head and eyes like a hood, “TechnoGarurumon, Warp Digivolve to! CyberGarurumon!”

“CyberGarurumon,” I said, “go after his troops. MechAngemon, take care of things here. Kris and I are going to get everyone out of the area.”

“Don’t worry,” said MechAngemon, CyberGarurumon running after his folly, “we’ll take care of this.”

No comments:

Post a Comment