Sunday, October 4, 2015

Digimon ND Special #2: Myotismon's Revenge - Chapter One

So apparently these are going to go up right away. I'm surprised too, believe me. These two specials are something unique among my stories, as they involve two different groups of my heroes having completely separate adventures at the same time.

The first story focuses on Jen and Kris at summer camp. They are minding their own business when Digimon start appearing from the woods. Jen must take charge and lead her sister and their Digimon to stop these occurrences, especially when she learns that the Digimon that caused all of this did so to get to her.

These specials are written to emulate the style of the Digimon movies/OVA's. The chapters are shorter to quicken the pace, and the action is much more concise than normal. Just FYI. Ya know, so no one complains that I am not writing long enough chapters or something.




Chapter One

Strange Occurrences


It was dark. I’d been floating in some sort of void for I don’t know how long. The last thing that I remembered was fighting some Digimon who had wandered into my realm. But those Digimon drew their power from some human Children, and one of them had managed to Digivolve into a form powerful enough to destroy me. In the last moment before its killing attack destroyed me, I’d tried to preserve my data by reverting to my Adult form, but it was too late. I was destroyed anyway.

I’d been destroyed, and now I was floating in the Digital Void; a virtually endless purgatory where the data of Digimon goes after it’s judged unworthy of reconfiguration by the Digimon Judge of the Dead, Anubismon. I was alone. The chances of ever encountering another Digimon’s data were nearly zero, and every second seemed like an eternity. But I was patient, spending my time planning revenge against the one who had done this to me in order to preserve my sanity.

Then something happened. I sensed the data of another Digimon. I recognized it. The data had once been Ogremon, the powerful leader of the mighty but secluded Goblimon Nation, hidden within the mountains of File Two. He was known for his incursions into the world outside his kingdom where he would indiscriminately kill any Digimon he encountered. It seemed that he had finally chosen to attack the wrong Digimon.

I had to act fast. Because both Ogremon and I existed as data, I was able to force his data to merge with mine. A change in data type within the void caused a ripple in its very fabric, and I had become powerful enough to see it. I pushed my way through, and emerged back into my world. I could finally exact my revenge on the one that the second human had called Jen.



Jen


“Oh man!”

“What is that?!”

“Everyone, run away!”

"Crap,” I said to my sister Kris across the table, “not again.”

We were sitting on wooden benches at a wooden table inside the wooden building that was the galley of the summer camp that we were attending. We’d decided that after all of our stressful experiences in the Digital World, it would be a good idea to take some time to get away and relax. But our experience so far had been anything but relaxing.

As everyone else ran from the building, my sister and I ran toward the fire that had just appeared in the back, coming from within the kitchen. In our arms we carried a furry little creature, like a horse head with a stubby tail rather than a horse’s body, and a metal ball shaped like the head of a dog. As long as our Digimon held still, they appeared as simple toys to everyone concerned. Without a moment’s hesitation, Kris and I ran into the burning room to confront the creature that was the source of the flames.

“This is the third Digimon attack in two days,” said Kris as we tried to see through the fire.

“Yeah,” said Mainemon. “It’s getting a little annoying.”

Almost as soon as my Digimon had finished speaking, a fireball appeared, floating toward us. I ducked under it, noticing that the fireball had a face.

“Oh man,” said Mainemon. “That looks like DemiMeramon. He’s a Child Digimon who’s almost completely immune to physical damage. He also grows stronger when exposed to flames!”

“Then a huge blaze inside a small room really isn’t the best place to fight him I’d imagine,” said Kris nervously.

“Probably not,” I said, “but we don’t have a choice.” I removed my Digivice from my pocket and held it up, calling, “Initiate Digivolution!”

Kris followed suit, “Initiate Digivolution!”

“Mainemon, Digivolve to!” He became a small horse with silky brown fur, “Coltmon!”

“TechnoBarkmon, Digivolve to!” He became a robotic dog made of blue, silver, and green parts, “TechnoPupmon!”

TechnoPupmon held his tail up and called, “Tail Tazer!” Electricity lanced from the emitter on its tip, dealing DemiMeramon a glancing blow. He circled back toward his handiwork.

“Don’t let him touch the flames!” I commanded.

“On it,” said Coltmon. “Hoof Stomp!” He stomped the ground, sending waves of tectonic energy through the air, in the direction of the floating flame. But it was too late. DemiMeramon ducked into the fire, and six DemiMeramon emerged.

“That many DemiMeramon could combine their power to Digivolve!” said TechnoPupmon.

“If a Meramon gets loose here,” said Coltmon, “this camp and the forest all around it will be ash in an hour’s time or less!”

The DemiMeramon began to circle around each other, growing closer with each passing second.

“Oh this is stupid!” said Kris. She raised her Digivice again, “Initiate Digivolution!”

TechnoPupmon grew into a large metal wolf, bigger than a grizzly, with long claws and leaf-like tufts on his shoulders. His body was green and blue with silver stripes, “TechnoGarurumon!”

The metal wolf stood facing his opponents as they danced in the air, and called out, “Biotech Blaster!” A green beam burst from his open mouth, engulfing and vaporizing all six DemiMeramon, and taking the back wall off of the galley kitchen.

“Now, about this fire,” said Kris, plugging a data chip into the chip loader on her DIgiplayer. “Upload,” she declared, “Guardian Digichip!” Her Digimon’s mouth glowed, and he breathed a freezing wave that extinguished the flames.

“Let’s get out of here,” I said. Coltmon and TechnoGarurumon reverted to their toy-like Baby II forms, jumped into mine and Kris’ arms, and we quickly fled the scene.


I met up with Kris later in our cabin. Nobody else was around, but we were sure to keep ourselves isolated and our voices down to be sure that we wouldn’t accidentally be overheard.

“Mainemon got close enough to hear the camp administrators talking,” I said. “They don’t want the parents to think too much of the incident, so they’ve decided not to close the camp down early. They’ve called in a caterer to handle the food for the next few days until it’s time for everyone to go home.”

“That’s good,” said TechnoBarkmon. “This way we still have a chance to figure out where all of these Digimon keep coming from. First it was that swarm of Poyamon in the woods that those three girls thought were ghosts. Then it was that Gizamon who tried to make a nest in the lake. Lucky for us neither of those caused any damage, or we’d have been shipped back home by now, and we’d be outta luck.”

“It seems like every instance has had something to do with the woods,” said Mainemon. “The Poyamon never left the woods, the lake is in the edge of the woods, and the galley is the closest building to the woods. Wherever these Digimon are coming from, it’s here, in the woods outside camp. We have to find out what’s going on and fix it before someone gets hurt. It was a miracle that no one was in the kitchen when DemiMeramon attacked.

“We’ve been lucky too many times,” I said. “We’ve got to take charge of this situation before our luck runs out and someone gets killed. I wish John were here. He’d know what to do next.”

“You’re here,” said Kris. “You’ll figure it out.”

“Maybe,” I said, “but I’m not really the leader that John is. I can’t shake the feeling that it should be him calling the shots.”


Meanwhile, in the forest outside of camp, a Digiport had mysteriously formed. We didn’t know it, but this Digiport was the source of all of the DIgimon incursions. As we sat talking about what to do next, the Digiport suddenly expanded, becoming nearly twice its previous size. A few moments later, a Digimon came through. It was Mudfrigimon, a Digimon that resembled man sized a teddy bear made of mud. Most Mudfrigimon were peaceful, but this particular Mudfrigimon was well known for being paranoid and overly territorial. He was dazed and confused, resulting from his trip through the portal but he didn’t know that. It wasn’t long before he set out to find out where he was, and what was making him so confused so that he could destroy it.


It wasn’t long before we heard about Mudfrigimon. Kids were running around camp telling stories about how they had allegedly been chased from the forest by a giant teddy bear that threw balls of mud. Mainemon figured that it was probably Mudfrigimon, a Digimon who lives in the southern forest of File Two, and who is known to have a bad temper.

We broke away from camp and headed for the woods. Mudfrigimon had already decided to make the woods his new territory, so he wasn’t hard to find. In fact it was him who found us, attacking with a barrage of mud balls until he could get in close and start swinging at us with his fists.

“Mudfrigimon,” I said, “we can help you get back to the Digital World if you’ll let us.”

“Never,” said Mudfrigimon, moving to flank us. “You only want me gone so that you can take this forest as your own!”

“We won’t be able to reason with him,” said Mainemon. “That’s why other Digimon avoid him in the first place.”

“Then we’ll have to use force,” I said. Kris and I removed our Digivices, “Initiate Direct Digivolution!”

“TechnoBarkmon, Direct Digivolve to! TechnoGarurumon!”

“Mainemon, Direct Digivolve to!” He became a fully grown stallion wearing horseshoes fitted with curved blades, and a war saddle on his back. From his shoulders sprouted feathered wing like a bird’s, “BattleStaliamon!”

“This is your last chance, Mudfrigimon,” I said. He answered me by charging at the Digimon with his fist raised. He swung his fist down at TechnoGarurumon. He was fast, but TechnoGarurumon was faster. He was able to avoid the fist without effort, sliding in close and tackling his foe with all of his strength. Mudfrigimon was left stunned long enough for BattleStaliamon to run past him and slash him with his blades. The aggressive Digimon vaporized.

No comments:

Post a Comment