Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Yu-Gi-Oh! Epic Battles #4: Yuma Tsukumo vs. The Other Yugi Part Four (Final)

Yuma continues to throw everything he can at Yugi, but Yugi is Yugi, so I think we all know where this is going...



Duel Four

Yuma vs. Yugi


The mysterious young man drew, "I pass."

What is he thinking? Yuma and Astral wondered, His 'Magician' can match my monster in terms of Attack, but it's not a Number. And right now his monsters are in defense mode. I can destroy either one, and I have a two in three chance of hitting one or the other. He knows this, he has to, but he didn't even set another card? Is he really so confident that he feels that he doesn't even have to defend himself?

"I don't know what you're up to," Yuma said aloud, "but I don't plan on letting you keep your monsters hidden forever. I attack the middle of the remaining hats with 'Utopia Ray'!"

Once again 'Utopia' attacked, and once again, it hit only an empty hat. For the second time, Yuma and Astral were truly surprised.

That's practically impossible, to miss twice in a row with two targets? It's like his resolve is shielding his cards! Who is he?

"Well," the young man said, "I guess there's no point in hiding my monsters any longer."

Both of the remaining hats disappeared, and the 'Dark Magician' and the 'Dark Magician Girl' emerged. The 'Girl' winked at Yuma, and despite his Zexal form, he blushed, before catching himself and regaining his composure.

"I keep my monsters in defense mode," the young man explained simply, "I set a card, and I pass again."

"And I'll teach you the error of that decision," Yuma told him. "I end this duel now!"

He drew, his will aiding him in his draw.

"I play the card that will defeat you, the Spell card 'Rank-Up Magic Limited Barian's Force'. I overlay my 'Utopia Ray' to perform a rank up."

A red gate appeared, and 'Utopia Ray' passed through it, "Chaos Xyz Change into," his chest and head appeared much like the first 'Utopia''s, but the rest of his armor was black and red, and instead of two swords, he carried a lance with a full-length blade on each end, "'Chaos Number 39: Utopia Ray V' (ATK: 2600)!

"I remove 'Utopia''s Overlay Unit," Yuma finished, "to destroy the 'Dark Magician' and deal damage to you equal to its Attack!"

'Utopia' released a wave of energy at the 'Magician', but it missed as the 'Magician' disappeared in a swirl of smoke.

"Reveal," the mysterious young man declared, "'Monster Recovery', returning my monster and my hand to my deck, allowing me to draw two new cards."

He shuffled his cards and drew, still totally calm. Yuma was dumbfounded now.

"How do you keep doing that?" he asked, as Yuma and as Astral.

The young man smiled, "You can have all the power you want, but strength comes from within, multiplied by the bonds you share and the confidence that you have in them. I understand those things, so I can stand against any attack with the same confidence."

True strength, Yuma thought, the young man's words ringing in his head, comes from yourself, and your bonds with others.

He looked down at where the key would be in his normal form, That's right, my strength doesn't come from the key, it comes from me and Astral, and the friendship we share, and from my friendship with Tori and everybody else. As long as I have those bonds, I'll always come out on top.

Yuma smiled, "Thanks, that answer actually really helped me out. It made me remember something that I'd grown too desperate to remember. But even though you helped me, I won't give up on beating you. I attack the 'Dark Magician Girl' with Rising Sun V-Shaped Slash!"

'Utopia Ray V' slashed with his weapon, forming a red "V" which tore through the sorceress, reducing her to nothing, but still, with no cards on the field and only two in his hand, the young man was still sure of his victory, or so strong-willed that Yuma couldn't tell the difference.

Yuma sighed, Well, I guess it's time to find out which one it is.

"I end my turn," Yuma declared, and waited, anxious to see what his foe would do next.

"Then it's time I ended this," the mysterious young man declared as he drew, "I pay half of my Life Points (1900 -> 950) to play 'Dark Magic Curtain', summoning 'Dark Magician' back from my deck."

A curtain appeared and parted, and the wizard emerged from it, spinning his staff in a grandios fashion.

"My monster attacks," the mysterious young man declared, "and I activate the Spell card 'Spell Sword Fusion', removing 'Gaia the Fierce Knight' in my Graveyard from play to give his Attack to my 'Dark Magician' for one turn."

A ghostly image of a warrior carrying two lances, riding aback a purple horse, appeared alongside the sorcerer. The sorcerer thrust his staff, wreathed in magical light, alongside the 'Knight''s lance, which was wreathed in swirling wind. The wind spun the magic and accelerated it forward and built it up so much that the swirling portal began to shudder.

"Go," the young man commanded, "Dark Magic Spiral Strike (ATK: 4600)!"

The spiral of magic energy poured over 'Utopia', tearing him apart. The 'Knight' faded away as the attack carried through and struck Yuma down. He and Astral separated and were knocked off of their feet. They looked up just in time to see the vortex close around the young man, his wizard still by his side. As time resumed, the two of them thought together that one day they would like to become as strong as that young man and maybe, some way, some how, duel him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment