Sunday, September 13, 2015

Digimon Adventure ND Book Two: The Terror of Tyranterramon - Chapter Seventeen


 John and Jeremy are both really stubborn guys. When the Bio-Merge Ultimates fail, Jeremy leads an attack against Tyranterramon to give John, Jen and Sarah and their Digimon a chance to escape, and when Jeremy's attack inevitably fails, John stubbornly keeps the fight going. At this rate Tyranterramon is going to start finding the heroes charming. He certainly doesn't see them as a threat anymore, if he ever really did. As stubborn as John is, Tyranterramon is equally arrogant.



Chapter Seventeen

Bio-Merge Defeated


Before we could even release our attacks Tyranterramon swung his wings and swatted us out of the air like flies. I hit the ground hard. A bone in my arm cracked, but it wasn’t so bad that I couldn’t raise my arm. Being a Digimon meant that I could handle a lot more than I ever could as a human. I recovered quickly and jumped up level with Tyranterramon’s head. I aimed my lance and called out, “Vipra Strike!” The green serpent appeared again, reaching toward Tyranterramon. He punched, calling, “Burning Tyrant-Fist!” and a burst of red energy hit the serpent, cancelling it out.

Tyranterramon raised his wings, aiming his wingtips at the three of us and called, “Feather Shards!” The red shards exploded outward. Three hit me; two in my left shoulder and one in my right thigh. Samuraimon deflected all but two, which hit him in his left arm. Druidmon was hit multiple times. She collapsed, becoming Sarah and Ponymon again.

“We have to stop him,” Samuraimon cried.

“I know,” I said, pulling the last shard from my leg. “I’ll keep him busy. You get Sarah and Ponymon to safety.”

Samuraimon nodded and leapt over to land by their side, scooped them up, and leapt to the top of the cliff.

I ran toward Tyranterramon, jumped, and swung my lance. Tyranterramon caught my lance arm in his left hand, held me up, and punched me as hard as he could with his right. I nearly blacked out. Needless to say, I wasn’t in any condition to brake my fall when Tyranterramon finally let go. I fell, splitting into my two separate forms.

This is it, I thought. When I hit the ground, I’m going to die.

But before Serpentmon and I could complete our fatal fall, we were snatched out of the air by a man in a wolf-skin cloak.

I looked up at the man groggily and asked, “CyberGarurumon?” My head was ringing.

“You didn’t think we’d let you three have all of the fun, did you?” CyberGarurumon asked with an air of sarcasm as we landed beneath the canopy of one of the larger trees. I looked up through the leaves and saw two large shapes fly overhead. Decimatormon and MagnaBrauntomon?
Decimatormon took aim, “Decimation Assault!” He fired multiple energy bursts and release wave after wave of missiles.

“Braunto Blaster!” called MagnaBrauntomon, firing the missiles embedded in his robotic fingers.

The two attacks converged on Tyranterramon. He was hit, but he seemed un-fazed. Tyranterramon swung a fiery fist, knocking both of his assailants out of the sky. They fell heavily to the ground.

CyberGarurumon ran us a good ways into the woods before he stopped. “I’m leaving you here,” he told me as he set Serpentmon and I down next to an unconscious Jen and Coltmon, and Sarah and Ponymon.

“What happened to Samuraimon?” I asked. “He was still on his feet the last time I saw him.”

“He found us, dropped Sarah and Ponymon off, and then collapsed. He de-Digivolved right after that.” CyberGarurumon turned as he finished speaking and moved to rejoin the fight.

“John!” cried BlackColtmon. He led Jeremy and the others over to my side.

“You okay?” Jeremy asked. I nodded. As I did, I noticed Jen wake and sit up beside me, holding her head. Coltmon woke next, followed by Sarah, and then Ponymon, her legs shaking as she tried to stand. Serpentmon regained consciousness next, screaming, “Owwww, that hurt!”

I ignored him, watching through a gap in the treetops as the Ultimate Level Digimon attacked Tyranterramon again and again with every ounce of their power. Every attack left him unharmed. He punched, but the Digimon dodged. Jeremy, Amanda, and Kris stood up and faced the battle, their Crests and Digiplayers glowing. An aura appeared around Jeremy, the same aura appearing around Decimatormon half a second later. He started flying faster and hitting harder. I looked from him to Jeremy, and something hit me.

“Amazing,” I said. “You’ve connected with Decimatormon on a whole new level! He’s drawing on your inner strength to increase his speed and power!”

As I watched, amazed, I noticed that CyberGarurumon and MagnaBrauntomon were moving faster as well. This must have something to do with the power the Guardians gave us. This might be just the break we needed!

The Digimon dodged another attack and took aim,but before they could fire, Tyranterramon swung open his wings, cutting a gash across Decimatormon’s chest. Jeremy grasped his own chest and cried out.

“Looks like we pay a price for using this new power,” Jeremy said. “If our Digimon are hurt, we feel the same pain.”

“Kind of a double-edged sword,” I said. “but still, it’s well worth it if it means we can fight on for even another second.”

Amanda whimpered, her eyes wide, “Speak for yourself,” but she kept on feeding MagnaBrauntomon her energy. It wasn’t the first time that I was amazed by how much she’d changed since the beginning of our journey. Then MagnaBrauntomon was hit, and Amanda cried out, falling to her knees.

“We have to stay strong for our Digimon,” said Jeremy. Amanda gritted her teeth, blinked back tears, and nodded.

Just then CyberGarurumon was hit dead on by a Burning Tyrant-Fist mid-jump. He fell from the air and fell, struggling even to rise to his knees. Kris yelped and fell onto her back, unconscious. Just as she did, CyberGarurumon reverted to his Child state and fell unconscious as well.

“It looks like we can give them power,” said Jeremy, “but once we become too weak, they loose their power.”

“This power could be dangerous,” I said. “I wish we’d had more time to get used to it before being forced to use it.” I struggled to my feet. I’d rested long enough.

Decimatormon was next to get hit. He landed hard, bounced, and de-Digivolved. Jeremy coughed once and then fainted.

“MagnaBrauntomon!” Amanda cried. He was hit by a sweeping wing, flipped, and slammed into the cliff face. Amanda winced, and MagnaBrauntomon slid down the side of the cliff, landing on his feet. He raised his left hand, taking aim with his missiles and preparing to fire, but Tyranterramon backhanded him. He rolled, and by the time he stopped he’d de-Digivolved to Chickomon. Amanda fell onto her face and blacked out.

“We’re the only ones left,” said Sarah.

“And we can barely stand,” said Jen.

Gritting my teeth against the immense pain that I felt, grasping my injured arm with one hand and my abdomen with my other, I managed to take a step forward. “I don’t care how bad I’m hurt,” I said, “or how tired I am. I’m going to keep on fighting. I’m drawing the final line here.”

“You’re right,” said Jen with a wry smile, she, Coltmon, Serpentmon, and BlackColtmon joining me at my side.

“I won’t give up either,” said Sarah, fire in her eyes, Ponymon helping her forward.

“Tyranterramon,” I announced, “this is far from over!”

I connected my Digivice with my Digiplayer. Jen and Sarah did the same. My crests began to glow. We passed our hands over our tags and our crests floated into our hands. We plugged them into the slots in our Digiplayers, “Initiate Warp Digivolution!” Despite how weak they were and how much energy they'd already used up, our Digimon changed.

“Serpentmon, Warp Digivolve to…”

“BlackColtmon, Warp Digivolve to…”

“Coltmon, Warp Digivolve to…”

“Ponymon, Warp Digivolve to…”

They jumped up, launching themselves at the foe as they reached their Ultimate Forms.

“MetalDragonterramon!”

“Knighthramon!”

“MechAngemon!”

“TechAngewomon!”

Our Digimon hung in the air, the three of us standing just behind them. Auras flared around us, and around our Digimon. “It’s time to finish this,” I said. I placed my hand at my waist where a sword might be, and my armor appeared. I drew my sword and pointed at our rather amused-looking foe and cried out, “Charge!”

No comments:

Post a Comment