Sunday, August 23, 2015

Digimon Adventure ND Book Two: The Terror of Tyranterramon - Chapter Fourteen

 Finally the Five Regions' Guardians are reunited. Obviously the kids and their Digimon will have more to do than sit back and watch their allies kill the big bad, so the fight isn't over, but I think it is pretty cool to see these six Digimon in action after hearing about them for so long.



Chapter Fourteen

The Five Regions’ Guardians Reunited


Jeremy


Tyranterramon swung his fist. I dropped down and wove around his attack. Then I spun my Mekanorimon battle suite around to face Tyranterramon and fired, hitting him in the shoulder and neck. He jerked her fist back, clipping my armor, severing its right arm and causing me to lose control.

As I fell, my Digimon rose up and caught me. He fired up his rockets, sliding sideways through the air, firing shots from his left arm-mounted gun and his shoulder-mounted cannon, hitting Tyranterramon in the chest.

Meanwhile, Babamon and Jijimon launched their attacks from within the threes below, while the angels attacked Tyranterramon from behind. Ahead of Tyranterramon, SkullMeramon and Pharaohmon jumped up, level with Tyranterramon’s head.

“Blue Fireball,” called SkullMeramon, flinging a ball of blue and white flames at his foe.

“Fist of the Nile,” called Pharaohmon, sending an energy pulse from his fist alongside his ally’s attack. The too attacks hit, but all they did was serve to make Tyranterramon more angry. He swung his fist wildly, missing Pharaohmon by a hair, but hitting SkullMeramon in the dead center of his chest. The fire warrior was destroyed in an instant. I stared at the place where he had been, stunned.

“No,” I said, “he’s gone!”

Garudamon hung in the air, a shocked expression flashing in her eyes. Shock turned to anger, and anger turned to rage. She cried out at the top of her lungs, “You’ll pay for that Tyranterramon!” There was a loud BOOM, and Garudamon was wreathed in fire. She called out, “Wing Blade!” and flew at Tyranterramon, using her entire body as a fiery weapon. The flames that had been wreathing her body hung on Tyranterramon, swirling around him and bringing him to his knees. He encircled himself with his wings and then threw them open, dispelling the attack. He regained his footing and rose to his full, imposing height.

“I have told you before,” Tyranterramon said, “that your attacks cannot deal me lasting harm. Surrender and I will consider letting you live to see the birth of my new world.”

“Shut up Tyranterramon,” said Sarah.

“We’d rather die than surrender to you,” said Jen.

A wicked look filled Tyranterramon’s eyes, and even though he wore a face plate it was clear that he was smiling an evil smile. “That,” he said, “can be arranged.”

He lunged at Jen and Sarah, swinging both fists. They had no hope of dodging something so large. I flew toward them, but I was simply too far away, and even if I hadn't been, what could I really do? The Digimon had used up so much energy that their attacks didn't even faze Tyranterramon anymore, and yet Tyranterramon still seemed as fresh as when the fight had begun. If Tyranterramon had decided to finally start focusing on specific targets, the battle would be over in minutes! And still I flew my damaged battle suit toward my friends in a desperate attempt to save them, in the hopes that we could fight on a little bit longer, even if my actions in that moment meant nothing.

I, however, wasn't the only person who had acted. Just then a thick beam of yellow light burst through the forest, mowing a path through the trees, coming from the direction of the river. It hit Tyranterramon in the chest with enough force to knock him to the ground. I turned my damaged armor and scanned the area from which the attack had come, and I saw a large golden mechanical sea serpent with a glowing nose approaching along the river. Above the golden snake flew a familiar form: WingedDragonterramon, with John and BlackMainemon on his back.

Well, I thought, smiling, it’s about time!


John


“Alright guys, let’s go,” I said, jumping from my Digimon’s back onto my shield. BlackMainemon became encased in data which cleared away a moment later, revealing BlackColtmon.

“Initiate,” I said, swiping my Digiplayer on the Digidisks of Courage and Friendship, “Warp Digivolution!”

“BlackColtmon, Warp Digivolve to! Knighthramon!”

“WingedDragonterramon, Mega Digivolve to! MetalDragonterramon!”

MetalDragonterramon flew ahead, hammering the foe with fireballs launched from his shield. Knighthramon dropped down close to the ground before summoning ice beneath his feet and transforming his icy sword into a lance.

“Knight Slash!” called Knighthramon, slinging a wave of biting cold from his weapon tip.

“River of Power!” called MetalSeadramon, firing a thick yellow energy beam from his nose.

The two attacks hit, and Tyranterramon stumbled back. Not because he was hurt, but because of the force of the attacks combined with utter surprise. He looked at MetalSeadramon, his eyes wide, “Impossible! You can’t be here. I killed you!”

“Apparently not,” said MetalSeadramon, “because here I am.”

“Look around you Tyranterramon,” said Jijimon. “The six Five Regions’ Guardians have reunited.”

“Do you know the Prophesy of Protectormon, Tyranterramon?” Machinedramon asked. Without waiting for an answer, he continued on, “It states that upon your return, the Five Regions’ Guardians will reunite and their powers will be restored. Not only that, but we will gain a greater power. The power to restore Protectormon himself to life!”

Tyranterramon laughed loudly. “Protectormon cannot defeat me,” he said. “The last time he and I fought, the best he could do was seal me away. Even if you feeble and outdated old fools could summon Protectormon from the dead, what makes you think he could defeat me?”

“Protectormon could have defeated you those many years ago,” said Garudamon, “but he sealed you away, choosing to leave you alive in the hopes that you could one day be rehabilitated. But I think it’s been proven that you will never be anything but a monster!”

“It’s true,” said Pharaohmon thoughtfully, “that any hope that you will reform has no foundation in reality.” As he spoke, I heard the voices of my friends Arukenimon and Mummymon in his and I smiled. A part of me had suspected that they had something to do with this whole Guardian thing, and I'd been right.

As the Guardians spoke, they moved to surround Tyranterramon. I actually saw a look of genuine fear in the massive Digimon’s eyes. But I knew that he would never back down. His ambitions were too grand.

“It’s time,” said Machinedramon. “Guardians, pool your strength!” At Machinedramon’s command, the Guardians summoned up their inner power. Babamon and Jijimon glowed green, Pharaohmon glowed golden yellow, Garudamon glowed red, MetalSeadramon glowed blue, and Machinedramon glowed the same silvery color as the Metal Core. The light from their bodies swirled together, creating a bright white flash that left Tyranterramon, and the rest of us, momentarily blind.

Babamon and Jijimon glowed even brighter. “Jijimon,” said the elderly male Digimon, “Slide Evolution!” He grew taller, reaching a height of about seven feet. His potato-sack garbs were replaced by glowing leaf green and gold armor, and a forest green cape cascaded down his back. His beard disappeared and his hair grew longer, changing color from gray to pale purple. His staff became ordained with gold, and the stuffed animal paw was replaced by a purple crystal. He twirled his staff and called, “Oberomon!”

“Babamon,” the witch-like Digimon declared, “Slide Evolution!” She grew until she was just shorter than her husband. Though the largest of the pink pearls from her necklace remained, her other garbs were replaced by a form fitting red suite that left little to the imagination. Yellow, thorn-covered vines grew down her arms. One stiffened, becoming rigid like a sword, while the other remained limp, like a whip. A rose bud appeared over her eyes and head like a helm. She spun her whip and pointed her sword, “Rosemon!”

“Garudamon,” my old friend declared, “Mega Digivolve to!” She grew even larger, becoming a massive gold and red eagle with four broad wings, wearing a metal helm with harsh edges. She let out a screeching cry and became wreathed in fire, “Phoenixmon!”

“Machinedramon,” the massive metallic general declared, “Slide Evolution!” He became a black wingless dragon with four long arms, with a mass of energy on its back in the shape of Machinedramon’s head and back. Attached to his back were Machinedramon’s back-mounted cannons.

The Metal Core Guardian in his new form roared, his aura pouring from him. It was so strong that I was nearly flattened under the pressure. The other Guardians reacted to their leader’s outburst, taking it as a signal to attack. MetalSeadramon fired his nose cannon as Phoenixmon, Pharaohmon, Oberomon, and Rosemon charged. Millenniummon turned and looked back at us and said, “This fight belongs to the Guardians now. Our energy has been renewed along with our true forms. Leave this one to us.”

Millenniummon turned back toward Tyranterramon and charged forward to join the battle. Rosemon and Oberomon jumped up, moving so fast that I couldn’t follow. Rosemon spread her arms wide, and the pink pearl glowed. She called out, “Forbidden Temptation!” A swirling wave of pink petals made of energy burst forth from the pearl. Oberomon raised his staff, and the crystal in its tip glowed purple. He called out “Heart of the Forest!” and swung his staff, releasing a wave of purple light.

The two attacks converged, each amplifying the power of the other, and hit Tyranterramon, blasting half of his face plate away. He stumbled back, clutching his face. MetalSeadramon took the opportunity to attack again, and hit the distracted Tyranterramon in the chest, pushing him back. He looked on at his six opponents, real fear in his eyes.

I smiled again, It looks like this battle is finally going our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment