Thursday, December 4, 2014

Yu-Gi-Oh! Epic Battles #2: John Sieger vs. Yugi Muto, Part Three

So I had planned to really dig in in my free time yesterday and get Reaper chapter four ready (hence why I had nothing else prepared either) but I felt pretty crappy and never did. I may get it done today, but if I do, I still wanted a for sure update to make up for missing yesterday, so here is John v Yugi part three, the penultimate chapter in this story. If I do finish Reaper chapter four today (which is unlikely) I don't know if I'll post it today or wait. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

I'm a little worried that I made Yugi a little too arrogant in this story. He's very confident, where in the anime and manga he seems to be pretty humble. However, I often remember that Yugi can be a little shit to his friends, and the entire purpose of Atemu (the character who most people still  think of when they think of Yugi, for those who don't know) moving on at the end of the series was to give Yugi a chance to grow in his own, and as similar as he and Atemu are at a base level, I think added confidence would suite him by this point, some five or six or something years later. Either way, I hope you enjoy this update.




Duel Two

John vs. Yugi Muto Part Three


"So let's show off some of those options," I continued. I gestured toward the green and yellow robotiger and the blue platform and declared, "'W' and 'V' combine together! Form 'VW-Tiger Catapult'!"

The 'Tiger Jet' stacked itself atop the 'Catapult', giving it additional engines and weapons (ATK: 2000).

"And next, 'X', 'Y' and 'Z' combine!"

The blue torso, 'X', attatched by its base to the back of 'Y-Dragon Head', and 'Y''s wings fell away as it settled down onto the back of the 'Z-Metal Tank', "Form 'XYZ-Dragon Cannon' (ATK: 2800)!

"My 'XYZ-Dragon Cannon'," I explained, "can destroy one card that you control for each card I discard."

"I won't let that happen!" Yugi declared. "I reveal the Spell card 'Spell into Quick', removing 'Change of Heart' in my hand from play to activate its effect instantly. I gain control of your 'Dragon Cannon' until the End Phase!"

An angelic spirit appeared and merged with my more powerful machine, and it moved to my side.

"In that case," I continued, "I activate 'Quick Summon', tributing the 'VW-Tiger Catapult' to summon one of my most powerful creatures, the 'Great Maju Garzett'!"

My machine disappeared, and a brown-colored skeletal demon with a jewel in his forehead and each shoulder appeared, standing defiantly behind me.

"My monster's power," I explained, "is double that of the monster used to summon him. That gives 'Great Maju' a full four thousand Attack! And I'm gonna use that power right now to attack my own 'Dragon Cannon', dealing you twelve hundred damage."

'Great Maju Garzett' waved his hand, releasing a burst of pure black light. Twelve hundred damage isn't a lot, but it was something, and obviously something was too much for Yugi.

"Reveal," he declared, "ultimate offering, paying five hundred Life (3150 -> 2650) to tribute your machine for 'Darkred Enchanter', in defense mode."

'XYZ' was replaced by a wizard in red robes, hunkered down to take the full force of the attack. He was destroyed, but Yugi had succeeded in saving himself from seven hundred points of damage.

"Next," Yugi announced, "since your Battle Phase is over, I reveal to Trap monster, 'Stronghold the Moving Fortress'."

In that moment, I knew what Yugi was planning, and I didn't like it. Worst of all, however was the realization, as the enormous humanoid robot appeared, slumped over, as he was missing three large gears from his chest, that there was nothing I could do, at least not yet.

"I end."

Yugi drew his next card, "I begin my turn with the monster card 'Red Gadget'."

Yugi's newest card, a red robot with a gear on its back, appeared.

"This," Yugi explained, "allows me to search my deck for 'Yellow Gadget'."

A card ejected from Yugi's deck, and he continued, "I pay five hundred Life to summon the 'Yellow Gadget' as well (2650 -> 2150)."

A similar yellow robot appeared as well. "This," Yugi explained once again, "lets me add the final gadget to my hand."

Another card ejected from my opponent's deck, "I summon it as well (2150 -> 1650). This little combo cost me a lot of Life, but it was worth it, because when I control 'Stronghold' and the Gadgets, the Gadgets take the place of 'Stronghold''s missing gears, and he changes to attack mode!"

As Yugi described their actions, the Gadgets connected with the giant robot's chest, and he rose to his feet (ATK :3000).

Here is comes, I thought. I didn't know how he planned to do it, but I knew Yugi would kill 'Maju' that same turn, and sure enough, he did.

"Finally," Yugi declared, "I activate 'Union Attack'."

Yugi's Gadgets glowed, "My Gadgets share their individual power with the 'Fortress' for one turn, but in exchange you take no Battle Damage when he attacks you (3000 -> 6900). 'Sronghold', attack!"

'Stronghold the Moving Fortress' swung a giant steel fist at my demon, killing him instantly with the impact.

"You're even better than I remember," I told the King of Games excitedly.

"I have to say the same about you," Yugi replied. "Still, I'm gonna win this game."

He paused, "But lucky for you, I won't be winning just yet. I end my turn, and the Attack of 'Stronghold' goes back to normal (6900 -> 3000). Make your move."

Be careful what you ask for, I thought.

"You're gonna wish I hadn't in a minute here," I said, as I drew my card, "because my next monster is my favorite, and my most reliable. Because you control at least two more monsters than I do, I can Special Summon this warrior straight from my hand!"

Energy crackled around me, flashing yellow and black. It coalesced in one point at my side, and flared out, forming a tall, powerful-looking man in a battle skirt and yellow and black armor, his arms crossed defiantly.

"Yugi," I said, "I'm sure you remember my friend 'Fiend Megacyber' (ATK: 2200). 'Fiend Megacyber', introduce yourself to Yugi's 'Yellow Gadget'!"

My monster lunged forward and jumped up, ending up level with the giant 'Stronghold''s chest. He punched 'Yellow Gadget', smashing it to pieces (LP: 1650 -> 650). Missing one of its components, the giant robot shut down (ATK: 3000 -> 0).

"And that's not all," I concluded. "I set two cards face-down on the field and I pass the turn off to you."

Yugi drew. I was expecting a big play from him in retaliation, so you can imagine that I was surprised when he simply buffed his hand with 'Pot of Greed', changed his three remaining monsters to defense mode, and set a card.

This can't be right, I thought. I can't be overwhelming Yugi. Can I?

Despite my disbelief, however, I had to act as if I was. I would never get an opportunity this good again!

"Then I'll summon 'Djinn Presider of Rituals'," I declared, the fat demon swordsman appearing beside my warrior, "and I press my advantage. I attack 'Green Gadget' and 'Stronghold the Moving Fortress'!"

My monsters attacked together, crushing two more of Yugi's machines.

Okay, I thought, I'm sure now, he's gonna make his comeback this turn, I know it.
Yugi drew, and he looked down at his hand as if he were disappointed.

"I set another card," Yugi declared, "and set a monster, and that's all."

I was shocked! I couldn't believe it. This was my chance! I still had another monster is my hand. All I had to do was summon it and attack with all three and, provided that my attacks went through, I'd win!

"I draw," I declared, "and I summon another of my best cards, my 'Stygian Street Patrol'. And my three monsters attack!"

'Presider' and 'Stygian Street Patrol' attacked first, destroying 'Red Gadget' and the face-down monster, which was revealed as 'Magician of Faith'.

Aw, crap.

"I add a Spell card to my hand," Yugi explained calmly as my warrior approached him, "via 'Faith''s effect, and then discard 'Kuriboh'!"

My warrior swung his mighty fist, but he was blocked when a tiny floating fluff ball appeared and suddenly transformed into more than fifty copies of itself, creating a wall just strong enough to absorb the hit for their master. I was amazed, but I was still determined to win.

"You survived this turn," I declared, "but I'll get you soon enough."

Yugi smiled, "Sorry, but you won't."

He drew a card to begin his turn, "After all, I've already won!"

Next Chapter >>

No comments:

Post a Comment